Baby Names - Michaela or Makayla

Sim, I'd heard Pasquale but not Pascal.

My previous surname, whilst short was always spelt wrong (Simms, usually spelt Sims) and my married name is a little ridiculous, people tend to look at it and come out with some crazy pronunciation.

Also the only one in Australia (and probably world, or at least in the Facebook world) with my full name, surname is only family. But ours is a "made" name.

Jason, I think as K Raheja pointed out a very good point re - resumes (or similar) as well.

Otherwise setting your child up for a lifetime career in McDonalds ;)

I think there is something wrong if you can't find a babies name you like out of a book of 1000+ conventional names. In my opinion coming up with a new name or new spellings for old names is pretentious/boganish and should be limited to new tacky products seen on infomercials e.g. SCHTICKY

I used to work with Michael Burger.
And he did work there in his younger days.
Top guy though.

Y or A?

Hiya

I just don't think i can vote for a Prime Minister called Maykala Johnson rather than Michaela Johnson:p

FYI, i went the other end of the conservative spectrum; my daughter's first name is RachAel rather than Rachel or worse Rachelle or Raychel (no offence intended just personal preference:p)..this is so just in case she runs for presidency:D

--------------------------

Attachments

• LOL.jpg
    LOL.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99
What is with people and giving their kids stupid and retarded spellings for their kids names?

is it because mummy and daddy grew up ordinary or sub par, and they have to rely on dumb *** spellings to overcome their short comings?

or is to try and mimic the Kardashians who give dumb spellings as a marketing tactic, in the hope that their kids will outshine their woeful acheivements

in my experience, the kids with the dumb spellings, usually have equally as dumb and plain parents, and often the kid turns out to be average too!

btw, I love the name Michaela, its cute, if I had to name a daughter that, it would be up there at number 1 or close to it

like parents who name their kids "jack" and "daniel" or "jim" and "beam"

I just did the school pick up and met some of the kindy kids that attend with DD and there is a young boy named Event. No joke!!

Edit: and DS in grade 2 has a classmate named Randy

I was kidding by the way. I just have this horrible memory of being embarrassed in front of my english class for apparently saying "yous" .... Yous should never be uttered in public unless you are a bogan or barrack for collingwood.

It's 'youse' with an e on the end. As in 'Hey youse guys, chuck some snags on the barbie and some Acca Dacca on the stezza. Oi Shazza! Get the Winnies outta the Torana can ya!'

I'm proudly boganish and barrack for Collingwood. I listen to metal, acknowledge Bon Scott as the greatest frontman of all time, drink VB, smoke (Marlboro Reds, not Winnies), have a subscription to Bogue magazine and liberally use words like 'youse', 'bloody', 'carn' and 'fark'.

Lately I have started using the terms 'tomoz' and 'sozz'.

Hang on a sec, I didn't describe what it means to be a bogan, I just described what it means to be a Great Australian.

I was kidding by the way. I just have this horrible memory of being embarrassed in front of my english class for apparently saying "yous" .... Yous should never be uttered in public unless you are a bogan or barrack for collingwood.

Its Straya slang ive been saying it all my life. Same way all mates names end in o eg Benno, Johno, Ganno, Reubo, Tomo, Gordo. Same way Tooheys New is the best beer in the country. (im sure everyone will agree):)

Psymon?

With so many trashy bogan names being bestowed on babies these days, I'm sure there's a little Psymon taking his first steps somewhere... :eek:

hahaha i think its a pokemon.

Back