Backwards Typing - HELP!

Ok, I am currently having a compter problem which is driving me batty, and probably easily solved by anyone who knows anything about computers (ie not me!). If I reboot the computer it resolves, but seems to reoccur at odd times...maybe I am pressing an odd key, but it has only started recently.

I use Firefox and when I type the letters come out backwards..ie the first letter of a word I type becomes the last as you read it..ie if I type Cat, it would come out as taC. It is only a prob in Firefox - I am actually copy/pasting this from Word, becasue my brain doesnt compute to write words, let alone sentances in reverse!!

Can anyone help!

Nadia

In Firefox
Tools -> Options -> Main -> Restore to default

Does that fix it?
Otherwise appears quite common, try googling "firefox backwards text" and see if you can find other fixes to try.

this happened to me once and it was a trojan i was told....but i was using IE, and it would happen in any program i was using.

Thanks guys fot your input..I have spent all morning trying to sort the bloody computer out..I think I may have some gremlin messing things up, as it has been running terribly slow and doing strange things...I have now rebooted, run the Search and Destroy and reinstalled Ad-aware (had an old version). AVG is also active, so will see how we go...
Its amazing how a frustrating a slow, badly running computer can be!! GGGrrrrrr..

Cheers, Nadia

Back