Bagging a house

Rendering is of course better, but it's about 10 x the price, and looks horrible if it's not done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Bagging is essentially sand, cement, a wheelbarrow and a broom, with a bucket of paint at the end. Anyone can do it. Not everyone can render a house.

I'm going to be different to everyone else and say keep that wall,bag it and paint it,it has its uses and one is privacy if a table and chairs were placed outside.
Paint the fazia /posts of the carport to match the house.

A nice fence to top it off,could be a winner for an outside pet.

Bricks still look fine to me,if it aint broke,don't fix it.

it already has a front fence and a gate ( see first post pics) i'll definately knock over the wall i have a beautiful mop top tree behind that wall

p.s its about 4 times bigger now

I hate bagging as I think it's a poor man's render. We rendered our last PPOR because it was red brick. Came up great. There are pictures somewhere in the gallery. We put rock coat in raked finish. Never needed to touch it in 10 years.

Depends how much you want to spend but I like the wall and think it would look great with steel artwork etc on the front and put a nice deck behind it extending from the wall to the house. It would be a lovely area to sit.

I hate bagging as I think it's a poor man's render. We rendered our last PPOR because it was red brick. Came up great. There are pictures somewhere in the gallery. We put rock coat in raked finish. Never needed to touch it in 10 years.

Depends how much you want to spend but I like the wall and think it would look great with steel artwork etc on the front and put a nice deck behind it extending from the wall to the house. It would be a lovely area to sit.

Like this????

I totally agree,if you were to extend that paving or concrete to the end of the wall,it would make a nice area (Possibly even a shade sail on top).

I'd keep the walls not bag them, try to make the windows look more contemporary by getting rid of the curvy bit and extend the outside area to the wall. I woud try to grow something in front of/on the street side of the wall.

I'd keep the walls not bag them, try to make the windows look more contemporary by getting rid of the curvy bit and extend the outside area to the wall. I woud try to grow something in front of/on the street side of the wall.

i planted a crepe Myrtle on the other side of that wall near the main bedroom window (window 1 & 2) (see first posts) so when you open the blinds you see a flowering tree in spring/summer time,

0899-natchez-crape-myrtle-full-shot.jpg

i agree with getting rid of the curved sash window frames, that'll definately be on the "to do list" and get square window frames

Now we have seen the other side of the brick wall, I guess it does give privacy, but if there is no way you will ever sit there (is there another outdoor place to sit) then I'd still knock it down and open the front up. It just is dark and solid looking. Or... plant something in front of it to lose the gloomy dark look.

I couldn't imaging taking a cup of coffee out there, unless there was nowhere else to go...

And I think those curved tops of the windows would just be stuck onto the glass. A house my son looked at had the same things, and some had already been removed. The windows looked much better without them.

Now we have seen the other side of the brick wall, I guess it does give privacy, but if there is no way you will ever sit there (is there another outdoor place to sit)
The mop top will be quite massive when mature its about 1.5 years old now so it'll be quite a decent size now, so i think the tree will do its job quite well if/when the wall comes down

It just is dark and solid looking. Or... plant something in front of it to lose the gloomy dark look.
I'd rather knock it down and be done with it and make the front area feel more like theres more space.

I couldn't imaging taking a cup of coffee out there, unless there was nowhere else to go...
Theres a private backyard with pittosporum "silver sheen" hedge around the whole backyard fencing with undercover entertaining area

And I think those curved tops of the windows would just be stuck onto the glass. A house my son looked at had the same things, and some had already been removed. The windows looked much better without them.

No there not, its actual timber remember the house was built in 78 so post war house and curves were the thing in at the time,but yes they will look better without them

heres a pic of the area from the lounge room

i think this photo was taken in (file says january 2013) but i think it was july. unsure but if you read up on these trees they are really a lovely tree if anyone is planning to plant one i recommend them, they need not too much water you can create a hedge over your fence if you like, are great for any style garden from english to modern and great as a feature tree too.

Back