Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing works.

Education and information doesn't work.
Harsh sentences don't work.
Giving second and multiple chances doesn't work.

Drugs are a way of life for many people.
Nothing...NOTHING, any good, comes from it.

The only thing that will come from the death of these 2 individuals, they will never be the carrier of drugs again.

And killing people works? How's it going for them in the USA, with all that Capital Punishment they're doing they must have such a non-violent and peaceful country. :confused:

Same in Indonesia, all this killing of drug dealers surely means they have no problem with drugs whatsoever. :confused: I mean, surely the threat of death deters people anyone stupid enough from commiting a crime.

Killing these two wont make a different to the drug problem in Indonesia. Where there's big money to be made there will always be desperate people willing to do desperate things. And unfortunately the big players will be sitting at home with clean hands while the mules continue to get caught.

the people who claim with certainity that they arent reformed are either jaded or too emotionally involved to be objective, or have already made up their mind from day one

its easy to say they are only pretending to berehabilitated or they are only sorry because they were caught, which is entirely possible

however, i obviously dont know for sure but id put my money that they are rehabilitated. youve got jail guards who are risking their job and reputation by speaking out and saying they are rehabilitated, along with other prisoners offering to take their place

too much evidence supporting genuine rehabiitation, in my opinion

I think it helps some people justify their violent fetishes, it's much easier to support someone being killed if you believe they are evil, than believing they were teenagers who f%&$ up and are genuinely remorseful.

I think it helps some people justify their violent fetishes, it's much easier to support someone being killed if you believe they are evil, than believing they were teenagers who f%&$ up and are genuinely remorseful.
The two in question were not this though.

From my understanding, it was about their 3rd or 4th time - or more?

This statement would hold way more weight if it was a one off offence they'd committed. However, we know that to not be the case, and for some reason they won't give up the names of the Kingpins.
To me that that doesn't appear remorseful or helpful.
Call them for what they are: Manipulative, profiteering Drug Dealers. They didn't pinch somebody's lunch money at school.
Sorry, just doesn't cut it!

This statement would hold way more weight if it was a one off offence they'd committed. However, we know that to not be the case, and for some reason they won't give up the names of the Kingpins.
Call them for what they are: Manipulative, profiteering Drug Dealers. They didn't pinch somebody's lunch money at school.

For some reason? Why don't you take a guess what that reason is?

For some reason? Why don't you take a guess what that reason is?

They have lied from day 1, including the statement that Family members may come into harm if they reveal the names of the Kingpins. They are facing execution, they are going to say anything to try and help their cause. Like I said it wasn't a one off. If they had gotten away with it they would be still operating within the network.
Remorseful, yes, because they got caught.

They have lied from day 1, including the statement that Family members may come into harm if they reveal the names of the Kingpins. They are facing execution, they are going to say anything to try and help their cause. Like I said it wasn't a one off. If they had gotten away with it they would be still operating within the network.
Remorseful, yes, because they got caught.

So you know for a fact that the statement their family members may come into harm is a lie? Are you a psychic? What are tomorrow's lotto numbers?

That's ridiculous. The number of times a crime was committed has absolutely nothing to do with remorse or rehabilitation. Yes there may be a correlation but it's not 100%. Just because someone committed a crime more than once doesn't automatically mean they can never feel genuine remorse.

So you know for a fact that the statement their family members may come into harm is a lie? Are you a psychic? What are tomorrow's lotto numbers?

didnt you know, being in the army makes you a tough guy, keyboard warrior and psychic......

I thought it was to protect the country.....oh well, my bad

That's ridiculous. The number of times a crime was committed has absolutely nothing to do with remorse or rehabilitation. Yes there may be a correlation but it's not 100%.

exactly,

I got busted speeding less then 10km over, about 6 times, before I realised it wasnt worth it, and have not received one since.....according to him, it means I have no remorse or rehabilitation!

exactly,

I got busted speeding less then 10km over, about 6 times, before I realised it wasnt worth it, and have not received one since.....according to him, it means I have no remorse or rehabilitation!

You're not showing remorse or rehabilitation, your showing that deterrents work.:eek:

The two in question were not this though.

From my understanding, it was about their 3rd or 4th time - or more?

Were not what? Teenagers who f%$ up? Not sure what your definition of that is but in my opinion the were definitely teenagers who f$% up, big time.

What I was simply saying was that they will use anything at their disposal to avoid being shot. Have they not lied in the past? What makes you believe them now?

That's ridiculous. The number of times a crime was committed has absolutely nothing to do with remorse or rehabilitation. Yes there may be a correlation but it's not 100%. Just because someone committed a crime more than once doesn't automatically mean they can never feel genuine remorse.

So just wondering how many chances should this pair have been given? Some people just don't learn from their mistakes. Lie upon lie doesn't demonstrate remorse or rehabilitation to me.

What I was simply saying was that they will use anything at their disposal to avoid being shot. Have they not lied in the past? What makes you believe them now?

Um, only the judges (Australian and Indonesian), lawyers (Australian and Indonesian), prison officers and governors (Indonesian), reporters, pastors, academics who have gotten to know them and vouch they are rehabilitated... I would believe them over you, unless you have some inside knowledge you wish to declare?

Um, only the judges (Australian and Indonesian), lawyers (Australian and Indonesian), prison officers and governors (Indonesian), reporters, pastors, academics who have gotten to know them and vouch they are rehabilitated... I would believe them over you, unless you have some inside knowledge you wish to declare?

I don't think they've fooled the Indonesians, that's why they are going to be shot.

I don't think they've fooled the Indonesians, that's why they are going to be shot.

I'm not their lawyer and to be honest I don't care if they've fooled all of those people, I just don't believe anyone deserves to be shot through the heart.

They will be about as rehabilated and remorseful as Aaron and Lorraine Cohen were.

Lorraine's death sentence for smuggling 140 grams of heroine out of Malaysia was commuted to life imprisonment.
Aaron was sentenced to life imprisonment and 6 lashes with the cane for smuggling 34 grams.
His appeal failed and he received his 6 lashes.
In 1996 both were returned to NZ after receiving a full pardon at their 3rd application.
They had served 11.5 years.

Both were back in prison repeatedly for waves of drug related crime after returning to New Zealand.

They will be about as rehabilated and remorseful as Aaron and Lorraine Cohen were.

Lorraine's death sentence for smuggling 140 grams of heroine out of Malaysia was commuted to life imprisonment.
Aaron was sentenced to life imprisonment and 6 lashes with the cane for smuggling 34 grams.
His appeal failed and he received his 6 lashes.
In 1996 both were returned to NZ after receiving a full pardon at their 3rd application.
They had served 11.5 years.

Both were back in prison repeatedly for waves of drug related crime after returning to New Zealand.

So they should die because of Aaron and Lorraine Cohen? Yeah that seems fair, let's kill them for someone else's crime. :confused:

Back