bali9

The two sentenced to death were the ringleaders in the attempt to import 8.3 kg of heroin into Australia.

No sympathy here.

Why does it seem they are genuinely sorry? Because they are running programmes within jail for other inmates? I'm sorry but any mildly smart criminal would do that to try and not be shot to death.

I really don't know how I feel about them and their remorse. But as I'm happy that they were truly guilty at the time then I'm happy to let the Indo govt sort them out

not that it matters, it would good if they got life imprisonment, even if they get off the desth penslty, theyll spend the rest of their lives in a cage anyway

Why not try and escape. If you make it back to Australia can you still be deported if facing the death penalty? Are they allowed out at times like Corby?

Why not try and escape. If you make it back to Australia can you still be deported if facing the death penalty? Are they allowed out at times like Corby?

Make it back to Australia? Why bother? They'd just go to jail here, which could be even worse than in Indonesia (high violence, including sexual assault. bribery possible but not to the extent they can easily get day-passes out like Corby).

If they were to escape could they try to lie low for a while in an Asian country.... Then either stay in Asia or bribe their way on to a boat to another continent?
The same way alot of the Nazis escaped to South America.

Back