Bamboo Flooring on the top of mosaic flooring --- Possible ?

Hi everybody,

I am researching options for new flooring in my appartment and one of them is to install a bamboo floor in my living area and kitchen.
I don't want to remove old mosaic in the kitchen but removing carpet (living area) means my floors will be uneven from the living to the kitchen areas.

Can I still use bamboo floors in the entire area even though they are uneven?
Should I do something to raise the previously carpeted area?

Is bamboo flooring good in the kitchen or should I use Vinyl floor tiles

I have concrete floor underneath & its first floor appartment.

Thanks in advance for any responses / experiences regarding bamboo flooring

hi, for a concrete ground floor there are a few options obvioulsy which you have been looking at.
If its a concrete floor, lifting tiles etc isnt really that hard with the right tools, but have you looked at this at all?
go to google and type in "concrete stained floors". Im not plugging myself but i do it, but not many people know of this sort of surface you can get and design. Your imagination is your limit. You can even cut designs int othe concrete to imitate tiles or floorboards if you want.
could be an option to consider....

If its a concrete floor, lifting tiles etc isnt really that hard

Thanks Moyston.

lately I have seen some good bamboo and laminate flooring in the shops and I most likely will be using the bamboo flooring which is 18mm in thickness with very nice glossy finish as compared to laminate which comes in 8mm & 12mm thickness.

Does anybody have bamboo flooring in their home or IP ?

I have a friend that built a new house and used Bamboo flooring.
They are very disappointed. The bamboo shrinks away from the walls leaving gaps under the architraves and also leaves small gaps between the joins.
In the light you can see the floor cupping and a wrinkly look about the boards.
It is now 5years on and they have no help from the supplier, there is nothing they can do...they would like to rip it up.

I have a friend that built a new house and used Bamboo flooring.
They are very disappointed. It is now 5years on and they have no help from the supplier,

Thanks for your response voodoo, I guess bamboo flooring quality has been improved in last few years.
I have a friend who build a new house in 2008 and he has used bamboo flooring in all the area (except wet areas & bedrooms) and also on the stairs (double storey) and its looks quite good and have no issue so far........

initially I was thinking about Laminate or Vinyl flooring in the living area.
I have used laminate flooring in my IP_appartment and looks reasonable good.

It seems to me that bamboo flooring is not a very common / favourite choice.

Yeah the Bamboo actually looks awesome, but as i said my friend has had a lot of issues that cannot be fixed..but this is only one case, they may have a bad batch.

Back