Bathroom Bargains Anyone?

Anyone know where the best buys in bathroom fittings are and a bathroom installer who does a good job for a fair price would be good too.

Will travel for the fittings but need an installer for Sydney south west.

Ta Olly

The mark up on bathroom fittings is so great you should try negotiating with the different suppliers (ie Reece, Tradelink). They generally have several different prices for products - staff, builder etc.

The mark up on bathroom fittings is so great you should try negotiating with the different suppliers (ie Reece, Tradelink). They generally have several different prices for products - staff, builder etc.
I work for one of those brands that you quoted and you would be surprised at how low some of the margins are. As a hint, the best margins they have is on their 'own brands' so there is often more movement there. The lowest margins are on the branded products such as caroma, dorf etc so you are less likely to get big reductions.
All merchants have regular sales, so look for the flyers that come through your door and hang onto them so you have a good idea what they can sell to you for.
If you want to get a bargin and are happy to choose from what you see there and then and are not too worried about waranties, go to the auctions. You can get some great bargains but make sure any tapware is WELS (Water Efficiency Labelling Standards) approved or your plumber cannot fit it and any inspector will not sign off with non compliant products.

I work for one of those brands that you quoted and you would be surprised at how low some of the margins are

Hubby also works for one of the cos I quoted, so I know what staff prices we get the goods for :)

I tried to get a discount buying ~$3500 worth of bathroom kit from Reece and they wouldn't budge a cent. However they are having a sale at the moment with some good prices on tapware and vanities

To the people who work in bathroom places -

I have been into one bathroom place (not a well known chain) and wrote down some prices. One of the prices was for a frameless shower. I'm sure she said it was $500.00 and $500.00 doesn't sound like any other amount. She was also watching me write things down and didn't correct me. However, I went home and rang a few bathroom fitters from the local newspaper to come and give me quotes and one of them told me there's no way it would be $500 and he can't get them for less than $2000. It's only 3 pieces of 10mm glass with fittings to attach to wall and floor - how can that be $2000 worth? Did I mishear her or is this guy an idiot. (He was quite rude actually and I decided I wouldn't have him come and quote me.)

Ta
Olly

Back