Baulkham hills - comments

Personally, I wouldn't go near Baulkham Hills. Yeah you can get a decent house/living conditions for your money, but that is due to the non existent train line, distance from the city, and high crime rates. Also, other than Baulkham Hills selective high school most of the schools are pretty average.

I dont think prices will go down, I just think as whole, the suburb is not offering enough to get you substantial gains.

Do a bit of research on properties locatted closer to Parramatta like Ermington, Dundas, North Parramatta, North Rocks etc. A lot of money is being injected into the Parramatta CBD and the fringe suburbs should benefit.

My sister looked into Baulkham hills last year and I told her pretty much the same thing. She ended up stealing a great 3 bedder in Dundas for 600k. It was in a quiet street on a flat 700sqm block. Its probably worth around 650-680 now.

To live or invest? I don't see any investment opportunity upside here that can't be found in other areas of Australia right now.

Personally, I wouldn't go near Baulkham Hills. Yeah you can get a decent house/living conditions for your money, but that is due to the non existent train line, distance from the city, and high crime rates. Also, other than Baulkham Hills selective high school most of the schools are pretty average.

I dont think prices will go down, I just think as whole, the suburb is not offering enough to get you substantial gains.

Do a bit of research on properties locatted closer to Parramatta like Ermington, Dundas, North Parramatta, North Rocks etc. A lot of money is being injected into the Parramatta CBD and the fringe suburbs should benefit.

My sister looked into Baulkham hills last year and I told her pretty much the same thing. She ended up stealing a great 3 bedder in Dundas for 600k. It was in a quiet street on a flat 700sqm block. Its probably worth around 650-680 now.

From what sources have you used to come to those conclusions Eza? High crime rates? The schools are average?! Really, I'm pretty sure the parents who have their chn in schools such as Matthew Pearce and BH North may just disagree with you :eek:

My post was coming more from personal experience. I have a few friends from the area and they have told me about crime being a problem, nothing too serious, just a lot of teenagers drinking and causing problems.

The schools comment was a bit harsh, its just that other than Baulkham hills selective no other school in the area is in the top 200, and without rail close by its a big effort to get kids to other schools.

I stand by my post. The suburbs I mentioned are in a comparable price range, but I think a better location, and therefore more likely to offer gains over the next 5 years.

Hills district

good to live in, pretty poor as investments

especially when you start comparing more established suburbs way closer to the city for slightly more money if not equal

My post was coming more from personal experience. I have a few friends from the area and they have told me about crime being a problem, nothing too serious, just a lot of teenagers drinking and causing problems.

The schools comment was a bit harsh, its just that other than Baulkham hills selective no other school in the area is in the top 200, and without rail close by its a big effort to get kids to other schools.

I stand by my post. The suburbs I mentioned are in a comparable price range, but I think a better location, and therefore more likely to offer gains over the next 5 years.

I second this. BH is over rated, so is Matthew Pearce.

I agree to the above comments, hills district is one of the overrated (speculative) area for the last 5 years, as if north west rail link is open to transport. Not good from investment perspective. Silverwater, dundas, north parramatta, ermington, rydalmere are close to lot of business corridors like sydney olympic park, rhodes, macquarie park, parramatta, strathfield etc.

Back