Beach or Inner West?

Hello everyone,

Ok so I'm looking to buy my first IP this year. Still very new to it all and am currently in the process of learning as much as I can about the entire process.
A good rental rate is obviously appealing but am much more interested in CG.

So this is the thing. My partner is very keen on getting something by the beach. Cronulla specifically. Nice town, Not to far from the city, Direct train line, Close to shopping center etc

Me on the other hand see much more potential in the outer inner west. Dulwich Hill, Ashfield, Strathfield etc.

Would love to hear any of your advice and opinions

Cheers
Rick

Lot of investors prefer the hot inner west, all the suburbs you have mentioned had fantastic capital growth over the past few years, possibly in the future. As you mentioned, you could see the potential in these suburbs especially strathfield is the epicentre of sydney.

On the other hand, if you want to go for a daily swim\surf in the beach, then cronulla is the choice.

Just my 2c. Getting on road from the Shire to the City is a pain with just the heavily trafficked Princes Hwy leading to the CBD. If I was looking for beach options, then I'd rather look at properties around Lower North Shore since it's closer to the CBD and a lot more option of buses as well even though Spit Rd is a PITA.

Back