Beenleigh vs Logan region

Hi all

Wondering why Beenleigh is more expensive than the Logan region - as I understand it, it is further away from Brisbane CBD.

Thanks
Mona

You may need to refrase the question? Beenleigh is part of Logan. Do you mean to say, 'why is Beenleigh more expensive than Logan Central/Woodridge?' ?

Hi all

Wondering why Beenleigh is more expensive than the Logan region - as I understand it, it is further away from Brisbane CBD.

Thanks
Mona

Hi,
I live and work in Logan 40 years now. My PPOR is in one of the more affluent areas of shailer park.

My new investment property is in Eaglbey near beenleigh. Logan city is a very large area with many places and types. Yes The suburb of "Logan central "is closer to the cbd but is full of different issues. It's a very mixed placed and I know a copper who works the beat there including when that small riot happened recently and he tells me certain streets are no go zones and some streets are fine. Luck of the draw then if you don't know too much about the area etc,

Logan city is the council responsible for all these suburbs. Its vast and full of different things and many various suburbs.

You can buy a run down dump in Logan central which is a suburb or also known as Woodridge for about 180 k and 10 mins drive away on the other side of the freeway where I live some properties in shailer park/ cornubia are 800 k to over 1.5 mil. So big difference.

Then you have a lot of other suburbs in the 300 to 600 k range.

Beenleigh is starting to come into its own. Its taken along time but Recently big companies are moving into town as well as developers. I wish i bought a few run down places near the beenleigh cbd 10 years ago but wasn't in a financial position To do it at the time.It's exactly half way between cbd and the gold coast. It's also right next to the M1 motorway so it's easy commute to both. My feeling is if you have access to the m1 in under 5 to maybe 10 mins then it's a good thing especially when the developers are building further out now.

If your local like I am then what I like about this region is you can get onto m1 and be working in the city in 30 mins and then on the weekend your 30 mins or less to the gold coast and theme parks and many other attractions like tamborine mountain etc.

Beenleigh is also next to some nice suburbs or Windaroo, Edens landing , mt warren park.

Beenleigh is starting to turn from old late 1800 s town to a modern centre smack in the middle of two major centers of Brisbane and goldy.

You will pay a little bit more but in Beenleighs surrounding suburbs mention above you will get a far superior ,newer house with more than likely a better tenant than in Logan central.
Don't forget that Beenleigh is now part of the Logan city council area.
Sure, I know many rental properties in Logan central as I work in them running our air con electrical buisiness for many investors and builder/real estate/ renovation types that have success stories but then many haven't.
Don't forget that Logan has some great areas near the m1 like spring wood ,daisy hill,shailer park etc.

From talking to many tenants in my travels the ones that work and hold good jobs like easy access to transport like M1 etc and also lifestyle access.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Hi,
You can buy a run down dump in Logan central which is a suburb or also known as Woodridge for about 180 k and 10 mins drive away on the other side of the freeway where I live some properties in shailer park/ cornubia are 800 k to over 1.5 mil. So big difference.

where in logan/woodridge can you buy a house for $180k?

where in logan/woodridge can you buy a house for $180k?
Seen couple on real estate.com for 189 to 195 k but really bad condition. You would get these for 180 if you pushed. I know a property in Kingston where the buyer got it for 170k as we did all the electrical and air con work on it for him. He got lucky with this one. Done lots of others around here that were picked up cheap by the owners and we went in to fix up electrical and air con issues but you have to really know your Reno skills to keep cap on trade pricing as you could easily go over budget especially when major works are needed which is most cases.

The very bottom is starting to move now so many going into low 200 area now. But if you look hard some sub 200 k still pop their head up. But many of these get sold before they are advertised to the masses as agents that have them usually have a list of potential buyers and renovation experts ready to buy. Maybe get into some local agents ears so you can get heads up early.

Many thanks all for your responses.

Coldspace - thank you for such a detailed response. I will post once I have further questions.

I'd like to say hi this first time posting on SS, been reading a few, just give people general background I'm about 25 yo, from Darwin NT, looking at my first investment property, already have PPOR in Darwin, looking at South of Brisbane area, just want locals opinion is too late to invest in established suburbs in Springwood, Daisy Hills and Shailer Park, or should look at cheaper options such as Woodridge, Slacks Creek and Kingston. Not looking for short term CG, but more looking into long term growth and good yield's, not sure if 400-450k is too much on first IP, as will be putting in 10% deposit with LMI and retaining the rest in offset account for a buffer. Thanks! :D

I'd like to say hi this first time posting on SS, been reading a few, just give people general background I'm about 25 yo, from Darwin NT, looking at my first investment property, already have PPOR in Darwin, looking at South of Brisbane area, just want locals opinion is too late to invest in established suburbs in Springwood, Daisy Hills and Shailer Park, or should look at cheaper options such as Woodridge, Slacks Creek and Kingston. Not looking for short term CG, but more looking into long term growth and good yield's, not sure if 400-450k is too much on first IP, as will be putting in 10% deposit with LMI and retaining the rest in offset account for a buffer. Thanks! :D

Hi!

You should be able to acquire two properties if looking at townhouses/villas with that budget - high yielding 7% plus.

I really like Daisy Hill and the market has been hit hard recently. Excellent time to buy I think.

Hi!

You should be able to acquire two properties if looking at townhouses/villas with that budget - high yielding 7% plus.

Yeah I was looking at that too, If i could buy house I would, and look at townhouses/villas in a year or 2 after till i get more equity from my PPOR

I really like Daisy Hill and the market has been hit hard recently. Excellent time to buy I think.

Yeah i really like it too, i'm more leant towards Daisy Hill and Shailer Park area

I too, along with some agents am scratching my head as to why Beenleigh is higher for low end dwellings compared to say Logan Central

So far what I've found after speaking with agents is that say possible reasons are, because it's closer to gold coast, it's right in between gc and bris, to tenants are much better then 4114. One agent said so much more infrastructure going in, but he was biased as he was selling one hard

That being said rental returns are about 15-20 per week higher and the sales prices are about 5% higher

That being said one agent said he expects Logan Central and surrounds to catch up on price to Beenleigh
While one agent said it's so bloody far out that it's overpriced

What's everyone's take?

I too, along with some agents am scratching my head as to why Beenleigh is higher for low end dwellings compared to say Logan Central

So far what I've found after speaking with agents is that say possible reasons are, because it's closer to gold coast, it's right in between gc and bris, to tenants are much better then 4114. One agent said so much more infrastructure going in, but he was biased as he was selling one hard

That being said rental returns are about 15-20 per week higher and the sales prices are about 5% higher

That being said one agent said he expects Logan Central and surrounds to catch up on price to Beenleigh

What's everyone's take?

Watch central blocks start to skyrocket once the development kicks off

Really depends if its yield or CG you are after i guess, but i think you can get both in lower priced areas like Logan Central/Woodridge. Everywhere surrounding Logan Central/Woodridge is more expensive so i believe in the mid-long term Logan Central/Woodridge being the "Central" will perform well above expectations. It is also easier to overpay in nicer areas due to the sheer competition as well unless you buy when its flat and right now those areas are hot. In Logan Central, Woodridge and Kingston you can still get some discounts but they are disappearing fast. I think mikezen meant Logan Central R250 zoned blocks, and those that come with rundown homes are going for premiums already.

What's everyone's take?

Maybe Beenleigh is considered a slight better area than Logan Central/Woodridge, in terms of Housing Commission properties.
A quick calculation using rpdata suggest a 5% for Beenleigh, and a 10% for Logan Central/Woodridge.

Isn't there a new/renovated shopping centre near beenleigh. And the streets have been done. I remember looking at concept pics a while ago.

Or am I thinking of another place?

Isn't there a new/renovated shopping centre near beenleigh. And the streets have been done. I remember looking at concept pics a while ago.

Or am I thinking of another place?

There is a town centre rejuvenation plan for Beenleigh that is underway

http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/plannin...-master-plans/beenleigh/beenleigh-town-square

Its only just starting and the work is scheduled to take about a year.

I'm not aware of a new shopping centre.

There is a relatively new woolworths with some fast food outlets at the top of the main road leading into Beenleigh from Waterford but its not a complete shopping centre as such.

Back