Best Advice?

Reply: 5

Best bit of advise: Get yourself a mentor.

Worst bit of advise: Listening to a real estates agents view of the world. (not that I actually took any notice of what they said mind you, um I did actually but it was the opposite of what they were saying and I made a good investment out of it, hehe)

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 5.1

Best advice I didn't follow came from my grandfather "if your going to marry - just make sure she's rich!"

Michael Croft

Reply: 5.1.1

Sos did you follow your grandfather's advice marrying a rich wife!! (Don't you wish you met TW before you got married?!!)

Best advice: "If you don't ask, you don't get!" - from my workmate

Worst advice: "I am the financial accountant of Davnet, now it's time to buy!!" - and i did follow the advice, bought lots of Davnet shares at $1.05 and lost half of my money (sold at 52c).

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Reply: 5.1.1.1

Investing: is it worth it?

Which one would have been the best advise here.....

If you bought $1000 worth of Ansett stock one year ago, it would be worth $49 today.

If you bought $1000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the deposit, you would have $79
today.

Hmmmm...

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 5.1.1.1.1

Best advice Jan's Plan
Worst advice buy Budget shares

Effectively I paid $500 for a Bob Ansett
autographed copy of his book

Lifes a beach at Caves

Chris

Reply: 5.1.1.2

Hi Yuch,

No, I did the Aussie/Anglo thing and married for romantic reasons.

My grandfather was a Yorkshireman who emigrated to Shanghai and raised his family there. Probably just as well he left China in 1960 or my marriage would have been arranged for me by him! On the other hand she would definitely have been rich ;^)

Michael Croft

Reply: 5.1.1.2.1

Hi Michael,

I am glad that you didn't follow your grandfather's advice but made your own decision.

If you did marry a rich wife, you wouldn't have been a property guru as you are now!! ;)

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Back