Best Frankston Agents to use for Selling?

Thinking of selling my Frankston Karingal property.
I currently use 'Fruit' as my rental agent and they appeared realistic and professional re: my initial enquiry re: selling with them.

Does anyone have experience with skilled agents negotiating in favour of vendors for a relatively good result?

Thanks,
David

Thinking of selling my Frankston Karingal property.
I currently use 'Fruit' as my rental agent and they appeared realistic and professional re: my initial enquiry re: selling with them.

Does anyone have experience with skilled agents negotiating in favour of vendors for a relatively good result?

Thanks,
David

The best agents are those who tell you what the current median is and not talk you down or reduce your expectations! That will rule out most of them. The current REIV median is $370,000 by the way - almost $200k below Melbourne's median.

When dealing with sell-side agents, you need to look at ALL their past sales - if they are regularly underpricing well below the median as so many of them do in an attempt to obtain a fast sale, they obviously do not have your interests at heart.

No, Frankston South and Frankston North are entirely different suburbs with medians of their own.

The current median for Frankston is around $370,000. Any agent who is unaware of this figure does not deserve your business.

Most agents work on fast turnovers and prefer that you do not know the median figures. Don't be caught out. Unless your house is falling down, you really should not settle for a sale price below the median.

Most agents work on fast turnovers and prefer that you do not know the median figures. Don't be caught out. Unless your house is falling down, you really should not settle for a sale price below the median.

Given half of any suburb's homes sell for below that suburb's median, does that imply that half the homes in Frankston are falling down?

Given half of any suburb's homes sell for below that suburb's median, does that imply that half the homes in Frankston are falling down?

Which median do you refer to? The broad median? If so, I concur that half the sales must be below this number. However, it's when agents sell well below the lower quartile median that allegations of underpricing come to play.

There is no reason why perfectly good houses on dual occ blocks should be selling $250k below the greater Melb median.

To the OP's question:
Tanja Neven-Jones at Harcourts.

Tanja is definitely one of the better sell-side agents and has a good sales track record. Pity about the firm she works for though. Harcourts Frankston is complicit in underpricing IPs. When it comes to selling, nobody achieves low-priced sales like these guys do. They are masterful in talking down sellers price expectations and most of what they sell is priced well below the median. Most of their staff wouldn't even know what the current median is. For this reason I urge caution if you are selling through them.

Tanja is a pleasant, hardworking saleswoman who is working for a firm that does not give a damn when it comes to looking after its clients. Excepting Tanja, the firm is definitely not interested in long term relationships. As I say, she is a professional woman with a great track record. I'd be happy to deal with her if only she left Harcourts Frankston and started up shop on her own. Unfortunately, she will not be getting my stamp of approval while she works with Harcourts or any of the other firms that all too regularly sell houses at prices well below the median.

If you are a buyer: Caveat Emptor. More than a few complaints about Harcourts selling IPs to naive investors with promises that the houses can be easily rented out. Once settlement occurs, their rentals office refuses to have anything to do with the houses because they are often deemed to be in poor shape. Bad attitude on the part of the owner of Harcourts Frankston, Aaron Froling.

Being a renovator, I regularly buy and sell in Frankston and Langwarrin areas.

Unfortunately, the real estate industry is designed for unethical practices and where there may be a well intended 'good' agent, the firm and/or the industry soon overwhelms them and to survive, they must toe the line and become the same. :cool:

That said, I've tried most of them and know most of them because of all the dealings I've had but really, no agency in Frankston is a stand-out for me.

My next Frankston sale may go to an agent in EView, because they basically operate their own agency within an agency name. Beware though, the other agents probably won't give two hoots about your listing so incredibly important to trust that one agent who just might care.

I've just sold in Langwarrin and there's one agent (not the whole agency)I use here that I trust enough, yet still, they don't really do anything other then wait for someone to tap them on the shoulder after putting an add on the net.

Patience, and sticking to your guns is the key to selling I think.

You should already know how much your property will achieve and seek out those agents who believe too in the price, and accept no ******** from them.

Give them a short time span of 6 weeks to sell, and accept nothing less then what you KNOW your property could/should achieve.

Thanks All. Good tips.

Generally where would Karingal sit when compared to the median of Frankston?
Without looking at the suburb sales summary, my guess is Karingal is on the lower side partly due to location, but also lower capital values given the general age & condition of properties...

Other pockets withing Frankston I can think of are:
Frankston East
Frankston Heights
Whistlestop
Lakewood
Marylands
.. more (?)

Cheers!

Thanks All. Good tips.

Without looking at the suburb sales summary, my guess is Karingal is on the lower side partly due to location, but also lower capital values given the general age & condition of properties...

Frankston East
Frankston Heights
Whistlestop
Lakewood
Marylands
.. more (?)

Cheers!

Our first renovator in Melbourne (which we also lived in), was in Karingal.

We did very well out of this property yet wouldn't ever live there again. Like many suburbs, there's one or two very small pockets which are better but largely a bit ordinary to say the least IMO.

Marylands area was our next property and a vast improvement in quality all-round - this is an excellent choice in the main.

Whistlestop used to be a part of Frankston North, but has some really nice pockets to it.

Lakewood area typically used to be sought after yet does very little for me.

Same goes for the area around John Paul College - not for me but OK.

Our Frankston East reno was excellent for us and in a very handy location, but wouldn't live there again.

You should already know how much your property will achieve and seek out those agents who believe too in the price, and accept no ******** from them.

I agree with this. Compared to the broad Melbourne median, Frankston is already incredibly cheap. Anyone who says Karingal should be much cheaper than the rest of Frankston is either badly misinformed or overanalysing the situation.

The OP would be shooting himself in the foot by selling his IP for North Frankston prices - something local agents will probably ask him to do.

In a decades time, all the houses on dual occ sites will have been redeveloped. All of Frankston will be totally different.

Thanks All. Good tips.

Frankston East
Frankston Heights
Whistlestop
Lakewood
Marylands
.. more (?)

Cheers!

I agree with you MM. In general, Karingal would be lower than the other areas you mention. There are a lot of 'investor grade' houses there, so tend to be under the median. Frankston Heights, Lakewood area are more sought after. I am not too familiar with Whistlestop, as it seems so far away, LOL.

Interesting comments

I have found Harcourts to excel at exceeding price expectations through Frankston and see some off the comments stated very strange, unfounded and defamatory. The REIV quotes average prices but these can vary dependent on the home. A home on cliff rd south Frankston will exceed these figures where a home in karingal will be on par. Get some quotes and go with the agent you feel comfortable with and are selling in the area.
Being a renovator, I regularly buy and sell in Frankston and Langwarrin areas.

Unfortunately, the real estate industry is designed for unethical practices and where there may be a well intended 'good' agent, the firm and/or the industry soon overwhelms them and to survive, they must toe the line and become the same. :cool:

That said, I've tried most of them and know most of them because of all the dealings I've had but really, no agency in Frankston is a stand-out for me.

My next Frankston sale may go to an agent in EView, because they basically operate their own agency within an agency name. Beware though, the other agents probably won't give two hoots about your listing so incredibly important to trust that one agent who just might care.

I've just sold in Langwarrin and there's one agent (not the whole agency)I use here that I trust enough, yet still, they don't really do anything other then wait for someone to tap them on the shoulder after putting an add on the net.

Patience, and sticking to your guns is the key to selling I think.

Give them a short time span of 6 weeks to sell, and accept nothing less then what you KNOW your property could/should achieve.

We used Damien Wooster from Brad Cann in Chelsea to sell our Frankston IP, rapt with the result and speed. I have used heaps of agents in Chelsea and Frankston Damien & Brad are the only ones I would deal with by choice!

The two posts above this may well be from agents or their pals. I stand by my original observations. If you are an owner, make a note of firms that underprice and avoid having any further dealings with them. These guys are destroying the value of your investment.

I have found Harcourts to excel at exceeding price expectations through Frankston and see some off the comments stated very strange, unfounded and defamatory.

Seeing that this is you first post ever on these boards, I suspect that you are one of Harcourts agents.

The REIV quotes average prices but these can vary dependent on the home. A home on cliff rd south Frankston will exceed these figures where a home in karingal will be on par.

This is a dishonest and misleading. Firstly the REIV does not "quote average prices" as you suggest. Make sure you understand the difference been "average" and "median." Secondly, everyone knows that Frankston South median figures are calculated separately from that of Frankston or Frankston North. Stop making excuses for your firm. If you and your crew were doing the right thing by sellers, you would have nothing to fear.

Last edited:
We used Damien Wooster from Brad Cann in Chelsea to sell our Frankston IP, rapt with the result and speed. I have used heaps of agents in Chelsea and Frankston Damien & Brad are the only ones I would deal with by choice!

Are his sales figures above the median? Any mug can sell a house and take home his commission. Beating the median is another matter.

It has been some time since anyone posted anything on this thread but I am interested in recommendations for selling agents in the Frankston area as planning on listing my property sometime soon.

Hi there,
Francis Walker from Eview comes personally highly recommended. We have utilised his services before. Best for you to probably call those recommended and decide who fits your needs best :-D

Cheers,
Lollka

Back