Best growth suburb in brisbane?

I am in the process of purchasing my first IP and have read a lot of articles and am still unsure which suburbs are likely to have capital growth in brisbane.

i am also unsure whether to purchase an inner city apartment instead? Does anyone know any good research websites ?

In no particular order i seem to like wynnum, carina, carindale.....any opinions?

I would suggest rpdata, residex. Perhaps more so residex given they have reports which mybe easier to follow given it sounds like your just starting out?

I really cant say anything beyond this because I have a conflict of interest given I am building in several sites around brisbane and one of which I am currently marketing.

Out of the suburbs you listed, carina is good, I was actively looking there for a development site but didnt get one that worked for me.

good luck...

I am in the process of purchasing my first IP and have read a lot of articles and am still unsure which suburbs are likely to have capital growth in brisbane.

i am also unsure whether to purchase an inner city apartment instead? Does anyone know any good research websites ?

In no particular order i seem to like wynnum, carina, carindale.....any opinions?

If it were me I would work out how much I was willing to pay and then find the suburbs closest to the CBD where you can buy a house in your price bracket and then start searching those suburbs. Go to a few open homes and get a feeling for the good/bad parts of those areas. And I agree with the poster above, out of the suburbs listed Carina would be my pick for capital gains.

I was on a holiday awhile back in brisbane cbd, i really liked the area very nice and wouldn't mind living their in the future

Regards,

RH

This question has been asked MANY MANY times on this forum. Use the search function. I think you could spend at least a week reading through the posts on this topic. :D

Look at Ormeau and Griffin. Both these suburbs have been predicted by residex to experience 8-10% growth over the next 10 years.

Griffin has the new cross river railway that has been approved. This is expected to increase prices.

Ormeau is a more desirable upper class suburb that is located basically in between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Look for houses between 350k and 450k. There is a lot of supply so there is plenty of room for negotiating the price. You can also pay a little extra and buy a new house or off the plan. Then you can get the depreciation and also guarantee a tenant plus there is no maintenance.

I used to live in wynnum - has had a lot of growth a few yrs ago, has been rezoned in the town centre so could be good in future. I was told it is smart to follow the infrastructure - kedron and woolloongabba in that case are good areas.

Back