Best Live Act seen.

Memorial Drive in the 70's.

Midnight Oil @ the drive around 1982.Crowd lockout due to bomb scare,so Martin Rotsey started playing lead to a empty arena to entertain the waiting fans outside for over a hour..Mid January,stinking hot,great memories and times at the drive. :)

Saw INXS when they were just starting off a long time ago play at a picture theatre in Brisbane very powerfull,Madness the Cure at Clouldland before they put the "D9,S" through the place and level it,but the best ones was The Police at Fesitaval Hall for 3 people and the sound they pumped out was something that stays in one mind for a long time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmDkqv5QmN4

Last edited:
...but the best ones was The Police at Fesitaval Hall for 3 people and the sound they pumped out was something that stays in one mind for a long time..

Yes agreed, I saw them in 1981 in Perth Ent cent.
Blew me away....I was only 19.
One before thsat was Roxy Music at same venue and the tribute to John Lennon was a real blow away moment.

Other powerful stuff that shook the bones to the core, any Cold Chisel or Matt Taylor & Phil Manning Band at the Subi.

Take me back please....:cool:

The Who 1974. Swansea football ground. The first time lasers where used for a light show. Roger swinging that mic out over the crowd! Wow!

The Beach Boys of course at knebworth. With Brian.

Chuck berry. At the Entertainment centre Sydney.

BB king. Same as above.

Buddy guy at the Enmore theatre Sydney.

More recently Prince at Allphones arena. Sydney. Wasn't a big fan but really enjoyed the show.

Saw Richard Clapton a few months back at Lazzotes in Newcastle. Good show. He broke his glasses and had to sing Girls on the Avenue without them for the first time. Wasn't happy.

The most profitable concert- Rod Stewart, 1975. It was uni holidays, and I was working at a trucking company. They were carrying all the gear. The day started at 7am, normal stuff- then at about 3 unloading the trucks at Festival Hall in Melbourne. (There were only two semis for a big gig in those days). Time and a half started at 3, double time and a half at 6. We unloaded all the gear, then got standing room to watch the concert- not just free, but getting paid. Then packing up. I was a part of the protective cordain for the band as they left the concert, trying to eep screaming girls away. Started loading the trucks, finished at 2AM, started a normal day again at 7am. I was younger and fitter in those days.

The week's pay was enough to buy a reasonable stereo system.

Love the Cranberries!

Great fan of Lou Reed and actually assisted in setup at his Perth Tour back in the 80s, got to watch backstage.

Was at Bruce Springsteen's concert at Slane Castle in Ireland (1985) absolutely great !!

My alltime favourite band remains the Rolling Stones although I was a little disappointed when last saw them in Perth (wrong venue).

Never been a Beatles fan although there are some tracks I like ....

showing my age.

Chili Peppers in Hyde Park London 04
Pearl Jam at Thebarton Oval 97
Robbie Williams at Footy Park and the SFS 06
Coldplay at Vodafone Arena around 07
Regurgitator at Hotel Crown Victor Harbor 1996

Radiohead at the Sydney Ent Centre in 2002.

Underworld at some dive in Marrickville in around 00

Mogwai Royal Albert Hall Longon, 06 (woah. Stunning)

Afro-Cuban All Stars (Beanu Vista Social Club band) at the Sydney Opera House in 00

Manu Chau at the Domain in 11 for sheer energy

North Coast pub rock legends Bourbon Street at the Northern Rivers Hotel in Lismore in 1992.

It was everything a pub band experience should be and which can be summed up in one word -

Awesome.

Long Gun Soi Cowboy Bangkok

http://longgunbangkok.com/our shows.html

Neil Fynn impromptu on Bondi Beach

Radiators at Jindabyne Hotel

Hoodoo Gurus at Coogee Bay Hotel

Sunnyboys at Manly Vale

Ted Hawkins at the Basement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3D0qfK8JNA

Oh yeah, radiators were a good pub band, saw them @ Fitzy's Waterford about 21 years ago. Saw Hoodoo Gurus so many times -about 10 times over the years. Classic! Transvision Vamp was good fun in its day too. I don't want your money honey, I want your love....

i agree with a lot of the above..
Elton John was AMAZING
Dire Straits was AMAZING
Rod Stewart was AMAZING
all those were FAB in the 80's..

but the BEST live event??

my 5 year old daughter at her first dance concert in 1991...
BAWLED MY EYES OUT THE WHOLE TIME..

yes sooky Mum.much

Back