Best Live Act seen.

Soulfly 2002 was an overage gig and had to use a fake ID.

Slipknot at soundwave a few years back were crazy

You just reminded me of an Ill Nino gig I went to about 7or 8 years ago. Tiny place in Brisvegas and we were on the balcony and EVERYONE was moshing and jumping with the music. I truly thought the balcony was going to collapse. But great gig.

The best had to have been the Hunnas at the dark coma in the Cross back in the 80's. Actually the Hunnas anywhere (saw them several times at Selinas).

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the State theatre.

Last edited:
You just reminded me of an Ill Nino gig I went to about 7or 8 years ago. Tiny place in Brisvegas and we were on the balcony and EVERYONE was moshing and jumping with the music. I truly thought the balcony was going to collapse. But great gig.

Heaps of good memories at Soundwave over the years. Lamb of God a couple of years ago comes to mind. Anthrax at eastern creak was great as well.

Yeah I saw them in melb :p

p.s New Slipknot is unreal!

Heaps of good memories at Soundwave over the years. Lamb of God a couple of years ago comes to mind. Anthrax at eastern creak was great as well.

Ha, wish I could say the same (though I should have known better)! I hate crowds but saw the line up for Soundwave Revolution (the one that was cancelled) and figured I needed to have a teaspoon of concrete as there were so many bands on my bucket list performing (Yellowcard, Sum 41, Funeral for a Friend, Three Days Grace plus heaps more) but it was cancelled so obviously didn't go.

I then saw the lineup for Soundwave 2013 and got tickets to that as I wanted to see Linkin Park, Offspring, Blink and Sum 41 but much to my disappointment it was one of the worst days ever. I was freaked out by the crowds and when I did venture into the crowds to see the bands because I'm not the tallest person going around all I could see was shoulders and backs of the crowd around me and hear them sing to the music and not the bad itself which sucked! But, I can tick 'Music Festival' off my bucket list!

I didn't realise there were so many heavy music fans on here.

Looks like there's a few here. I'm not the hugest fan of the flat out screaming death metal but if there's a bit of melodic singing mixed in with the screaming I like it.

Mudvayne was another good gig I went to as well at an 'intimate' venue.

Went to Soundwave in 2010 (Faith No More, Janes Addiction, Anvil and Anthrax) and 2011 (Melvins, High On Fire). All the line ups since have been terrible. Want to see Faith No More again, hopefully they do a side show, since it (Soundwave) sold out super quick.

This year has been pretty good for gigs. Have seen:

- High On Fire
- Melvins
- King Buzzo
- Radio Birdman

...as well as lots and lots of local gigs.

I didn't realise there were so many heavy music fans on here.

16hne47.jpg

I saw the Cranberries at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney a few years ago -- they were amazing!

Some of the other highilights have been -- Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Coldplay and Aqua

Back