Best software to track income/expenses etc

Hi all. I'm after some good software (ala Quicken etc) that will allow me to set up a number of different accounts for different entities, and create lists/reports of expenses/incomes for various types of properties. Is an EXCEL the best (but manual) way, or is there something appropriate out there. Own different properties under personal and company names, and have loans/LOC against these properties etc. Thoughts and feedback please.:)

hi future

I cant praise Quickens personal plus highly enough, i have all data recorded for properties, shares atc and i never ceased to be blown away by reports etc i can do, i am so chuffed sometimes i would love to show people but most people seeing all the red ink would die, or have me committed:D
It also goes on line automatically and updates shares daily.
As good as excel is i could never replicate what my Quicken software does for me.
cheers

Hi all. I'm after some good software (ala Quicken etc) that will allow me to set up a number of different accounts for different entities, and create lists/reports of expenses/incomes for various types of properties. Is an EXCEL the best (but manual) way, or is there something appropriate out there. Own different properties under personal and company names, and have loans/LOC against these properties etc. Thoughts and feedback please.:)

Hi FG,

I use good old excel sheets to keep a track of my income/expenses. it serves me well and probably would continue to do so for another 2-3 properties. Once i get into the millionnaire club (1 million of good debt), then will look at buying a software. SS has some real good collection of excel sheets.

I've been using Property Manager Pro for 8 years now....it records everything my accountant requires and is very simple to use.

Hope this helps

I have used both MS Money and Quicken and I very much prefer MS Money which is a lot easier to use.

Can't say for recent versions though as I have stuck with MS Money for the past few years.

Rixter, I have just ordered this thorugh my Hardley Normal store (as they didn't have any in stock).

Does it allow you to apportion percentage to different owners??

Thanks!!

Does anyone have any well designed spreadsheets for recording property income/ expenses to share (with personal details deleted)?

Has anyone ever used MortgageWatchDog software, software where it can tracks any mistake made by lenders for interest charged ?

Thank you before hand

Back