Big Deals

Hmmm!

Is it wise to get into a multi-million dollar development site if you dont know how to start and what's invloved?????

Why not take a smaller development (2 or 3 site) through to completion and see if you can make a profit before looking at major infrastructure developments. Have you had any experience doing feasibility studies, dealing with councils, builders, agents etc? Do you know how to value a site like that?

I'm not trying to be negative, but property investing/developing is a business and like all businesses is requires capital, experience and time to learn.

You can get a JV to fund the deposit once you have experience and know what you are doing. If you are not controlling the project would you know if they are not just taking you for a ride? ;)

Hey Guys,

I am not that brave yet...just getting ideas atm and this project is just an example.

I think this is a very good deal considering you are backing onto delfin development (sanctuary pocket) and you have Stockland across the road.

For developers here...what's involved? where do you start?

first step is to grab the details and head in to council, talk to a planner and see if it really is a matter of "simply apply to the Council for the necessary Development Approvals"

I am not being negative btw... just that agents generally think development is a piece of cake and thus the value of the raw land is just end value less building costs - presto... 1 trillion dollars. so easy!

I know that area. I just bought a house in Browns Plains recently.

It does look like a pretty good deal for the amount of land, could probably get it down to 1.6Mil ?

I would be interested in investing in it withsome as I myself have not done such a big deal, however would need to speak to council to get an idea of what can be done with it....

Back