Blacktown - market rent for a 2 bed granny flat

My tenant has just given notice. The place is an attached 2 bedroom granny flat with own driveway and separate entry (nothing shared with the front house). It's in good condition, newly built in the mid 90's without any work done on it since and it's located on a quiet road. Fairly spacious - I would estimate slightly larger than 60sqm.

My stand-in PM seems to think I should leave the rent at $290. My limited research is telling me $310 at least just from what's advertised for lease.

Am I on the mark?

My tenant has just given notice. The place is an attached 2 bedroom granny flat with own driveway and separate entry (nothing shared with the front house). It's in good condition, newly built in the mid 90's without any work done on it since and it's located on a quiet road. Fairly spacious - I would estimate slightly larger than 60sqm.

My stand-in PM seems to think I should leave the rent at $290. My limited research is telling me $310 at least just from what's advertised for lease.

Am I on the mark?

Oxymoron!:p

pinkboy

Hi

I did a quick bit of research also for you. I found 10 granny flats for rent in blacktown.

The cheapest being a one bedroom for $190 and the most expensive being $290.

I did notice that you can get a house for $330. So you could be pushing it with $310 but it depends what the rental demand is like, if properties are not renting quickly then maybe $290 is on the money.

My gf in blacktown with its own parking space with a shared driveway and separate fenced yard rents for $370. Two bed detached and built May last year.

My gf in blacktown with its own parking space with a shared driveway and separate fenced yard rents for $370. Two bed detached and built May last year.

a GF in Blacktown getting this sort of money is really amazing, especially driveway is shared. I would think it to be a corner block with separate driveway and garage that GF tenant doesn't feel like a GF to get this sort of money. I would lock tenant in 10 years with this sort of money

Just an update on this. I went with my gut and had the place advertised at $310 instead of the $290 suggested by the PM. One open house later, I ended up with 5 applications, 3 of them were solid looking applicants.

Looks like rents are on the up in Blacktown. $290 was the going rate 7-8 months ago.

Nice work HC. As BAs we often notice that the good GF's don't last long on RE and Domain and rent quickly in the current market. For something well kept with it's own entrance (and parking adds value too) $290-320 should be achievable.

The rental market in Blacktown / Seven Hills is very strong. Actually I was going to add a GF in my Seven Hills property until I got the shock from Blacktown city council that my property is intended for rezoning for recreational use. Just sold that property recently :(

Back