Blacktown the real estate boom town

While Blacktown has shown good growth in the last year I think the Median price figures are skewed by sales in The Ponds.

Blacktown's population growth estimates are pretty outstanding. This alone will contribute to it's growth.

Growth stats can always be skewed by new dvpts and land releases- don't forget that Blacktown is also a very large suburb and articles like this usually refer to the LGA as a whole, not just the suburb itself.

Having said that, its certainly an affordable area as there's not many suburbs you can buy a whole house for under $350K (or even under $300K, as I picked up one recently for a client) these days within 35km of Sydney. Sure, it's got a bit of a "rough" reputation and there are some streets I wouldn't touch but that doesn't make it a bad investment. Decent yields, opportunities for small dvpt (Blacktown has more relaxed subdivision/dual occ minimums than surrounding LGA's) and good infrastructure certainly make it a worthwhile proposition for those starting out or who prefer not to spend too much on their IP portfolio.

Yep agree, I bought a solid 3 bed house in blacktown LGA last week for $180,000 for myself which needs a paint and carpet and fence installed ($10k max, contracting work out) and has potential for a granny flat in the front yard. There is a house a 2 doors down which a "regular" buyer in the area purchased in 2004 for $240,000 on a battleaxe block which I reckon is poorer condition than mine.

Mine will rent for $300+pw.

As Jacque mentioned, there arent many places around Sydney where you can buy under $300,000 now days.

Hi Nathan,
interested to know were you bought for $180k in this area? i have been looking around Doonside, Blacktown area for a while now and cant seem to find anything decend under $280k - I live in SA so am only using Domain/realestate.com for my searching.

Thanks

Yep agree, I bought a solid 3 bed house in blacktown LGA last week for $180,000 for myself which needs a paint and carpet and fence installed ($10k max, contracting work out) and has potential for a granny flat in the front yard.

We are allowed to build granny flats in the front yard?? What are the basic requirements if you don't mind me asking?

Wish I knew this a year or so ago :eek:

Blacktown Boom

Hi Jane,

I bought a 2 bedroom unit in Blacktown last year for $315K and is currently rented out for $370 per week. It was a new unit and thus far is working out exceptionally well for me at the moment. I think Blacktown is a good buy at the present moment (and areas close to there). I am lookoing this year at where to buy and am thinking Mt Druitt or close around Blacktown/Parramatta...although thoughts about buying close to where I bought last year I am not so sure about...still thinking about it.

Owen

Hi BV,

I am looking for another.....you have one in mind :)

Owen
Hi Owen
No, I haven't.
Do you know what you want?
That's the hardest part.

I'll be buying as well but I know what I want.
It will be 2 units or townhouses within walking distance to Westfield
(1 in Blacktown & 1 in Liverpool).
For me it's about land tax minimisation, good cash flow & diversification

Hi BV,

Not sure what I want yet......think I will look around for 2 bedrooms. As much as I want to stay away from where I bought last time I think around West is still best option. I am just beginning the hunt again! Mt Druitt or Baulkham Hills could be options.

Owen

Back