North Brisbane - time to buy?

Bit of purchase validation here....I bought in Wilston late last year.

Is Wilston considered in the same/similar league as Bulimba, Hawthorne, Hamilton, Ascot, Clayfield, Highgate Hill, West End from a prestige perspective?

I liken Wilston to....a Roseville in Sydney or Kew in Melbourne. Would I be accurate in that assessment?

Is Wilston considered in the same/similar league as Bulimba, Hawthorne, Hamilton, Ascot, Clayfield, Highgate Hill, West End from a prestige perspective?

I liken Wilston to....a Roseville in Sydney or Kew in Melbourne. Would I be accurate in that assessment?

Not in my opinion. But Wilston has lots of room to grow, the others are already premium. I wouldn't consider West End prestige in the most part either. And not quite a Roseville or Kew IMHO.

Why do you ask?

I think you'll do very well with purchasing in Wilston.

I prefer it to Bulimba/Hawthorn as it's not as pretentious, you can find a park, it's 10mins drive to the CBD in peak hour as apposed to 45?? Better chance of city views.. it doen't have the river, but you can't exactly walk along the river in Bulimba anyway.

More like Summer Hill in Sydney. Pretty close to the City, but not too close.
Even better if it's staggering distance to the Newmarket Hotel ;)

Really, Summer Hill...I guess I put Wilston on a bit of a pedestal. But I like the suburb and has a lot going for it - close to the hospital, great schools, lot of affluent professionals moving in, close to city but generally speaking crap yield :(.

And the river, well I feel for you Brisbanites - you guys should have set up camp in the GC or Noosa all those yrs ago. River's ok but beach....

Plus kid you not I saw a bull shark leap out of the river 30m out from the lagoon pool when I was in Brissy last year :eek: Not swimming in that thing!

Really, Summer Hill...I guess I put Wilston on a bit of a pedestal. But I like the suburb and has a lot going for it - close to the hospital, great schools, lot of affluent professionals moving in, close to city but generally speaking crap yield :(.

And the river, well I feel for you Brisbanites - you guys should have set up camp in the GC or Noosa all those yrs ago. River's ok but beach....

Plus kid you not I saw a bull shark leap out of the river 30m out from the lagoon pool when I was in Brissy last year :eek: Not swimming in that thing!

Which aren't you swimming in? The lagoon or the river? Either way, probably a wise choice (but I do love the lagoon with the kids).

Which aren't you swimming in? The lagoon or the river? Either way, probably a wise choice (but I do love the lagoon with the kids).

Cmon, river of course. I'd give a person treading 10 mins in that murky water before they got taken/mauled I reckon.

I love the lagoon and that esplanade - whoever came up with the idea ought to be congratulated. It's added something special to a city which isn't naturally well endowed.

I also imagine its seriously contributed to the growth of HH and West End.

Aw, c'mon. If you start to feel too bad, have a look at Summer Hill median price.
Wilston is better than Windsor, especially the Lutwyche side.
Comparable to Grange, Ashgrove, Kelvin Grove and Newmarket. Nothing wrong with that. Definitely a good time to get in that close to the City.
And it's no Ferny Grove, Keperra or <shudder> Arana Hills.
And if you're still feeling bad, talk to people who've bought that close to the City in Sydney about yield.

Back