BMT v deppro - recommendation?

Looking at tax depreciation report for first IP - Almost a $200 price difference so just through I'd gauge whether people had any particularly good/bad experiences?
Cheers

Billie,

Had one completed by BMT today at "discount"price of $650,will let you know how I go when I receive the report in 5-7 working days..

Coota

There are a lot of Depreciation Companies out there, not all send a QS to the job

As with everything in this game, cost is but one factor ;)

Looking at tax depreciation report for first IP - Almost a $200 price difference so just through I'd gauge whether people had any particularly good/bad experiences?
Cheers

we used depro this year. I went to BMT initially but the constant harassing phone calls and followups drove me nuts. i got the result i wanted using depro.

Thanks guys.
Billie, given a choice between Deppro and BMT, I would use BMT.
Throw us into the mix, and I would use us, but I'm just a tad biased.

I have used BMT & Depreciator (Scott). Unless they do the same property you can't really say who is better for my pocket. However, Scott is more friendly and flexible.

Provided the report is from a qualified QS its personal choice. If it a new build development its worth calling Washington Brown, BMT and Deppro FIRST to see if any of them did the builders estimates. If so a cheaper final unit report may be possible since they already have all the base construct costs. They will just ask for pics of the interior of the unit.

If the answer above is no then use any of the smaller ones incl depreciator etc.

Yeah, my accountant recommended both of the above but Depreciator was more thorough from conversing on this forum and I thought Depro should have provided a bit more figures rather than recommending my accountant work it out.

I used Corpred last year and Deppro this year. Might not use either again, although Corpred was cheap $550 and more detailed report than Deppro's. But this year i couldn't get hold of Corpred to take my money no matter how had i tried and when they finally got back to me i already used Deppro. Deppro's report was disappointing, missed a few items and i had to ask them to redo. :mad:

Feelin the love Scott?

For any who are still doubting the obvious crush the forum has on Scott for his work feel free to walk down memory lane here.

Definitely feeling the love.
I'm also pleased that, despite it not being the case, we appear to give the impression that we are 'one of the smaller ones'. It tells me we are doing the right thing when it comes to service.

Back