Book swap, also cds dvds.

I have many books and magazines I no longer have any need for and many I would like to add to my collection.
Just a few to start with, I would be prepared to swap:

Ordinary People extraordinary wealth by Ric Edelman
Your mortgage and how to pay it off in five years by Anita bell.
$1000,000 in property in one year by Steve McKnight.
Also many copies of Aust Property Investor magazines.

I have many more (50 or more real estate, property and business/personal growth type books) and would in particular like to swap for any property related cds or dvds (such as Rich Dad ,Dolf De Roos etc) but many books I don`t currently have.

Last edited:
G'day markpatric

Have you thought about selling them on Ebay?

I just bought "THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE- S R COVEY" on ebay and it was only $4 + $6 postage, it was US$8.31 2nd hand on Amazon + postage.

On that note, where else can one get second hand books on the internet?
Which sites do you shop at?

cheers
quoll

Quoll I haven`t bought books on the net so I can`t give you any ideas there.
I`m not interested in selling the books but I have so many it seems ridiculous to buy more when others may want the ones I don`t have any use for, some are best sellers they are just not books I will read again, I thought I would be swamped I was surprised there is so little interest.
I think books are by far the best resource available to property investors, bought three more today, Peter Spanns latest, another Dolf De Roos book and the Richest man in Babylon. :D

markpatric said:
Quoll I haven`t bought books on the net so I can`t give you any ideas there.
I`m not interested in selling the books but I have so many it seems ridiculous to buy more when others may want the ones I don`t have any use for, some are best sellers they are just not books I will read again, I thought I would be swamped I was surprised there is so little interest.
I think books are by far the best resource available to property investors, bought three more today, Peter Spanns latest, another Dolf De Roos book and the Richest man in Babylon. :D

I agree, it seems a waste to sell but why keep them all when you don't want them? I've thrown heaps of computer books away, once the software is out of date the books aren't much use. But my investing books for the most part are good for a few reads, a couple are more reference but most are a good read and you can lend them to friends.

I guess I've gone through most of what the local library has so I'm trying to find ways of getting more books for my dollar or two. So I'm buying 2nd hand books now.

Nope don't want to swap as I'm happy keeping my books.

Cheers
quoll

I would class myself as a regular on the Businesss Book section of Ebay.
Have picked up many a bargain. There is lots of trash, but I regularly find new additions to my growing library that are picked up at a fraction of the price of new.

Good place to source Home study courses in shares and PI from those who purchase and never follow through with the action part.

"How you could build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in just 10 Years"
Peter Spann

for sale $10 - suit Canberran - can deliver :)

Cheers
Bawley

quoll said:
On that note, where else can one get second hand books on the internet?
Which sites do you shop at?
Sorry to bring up an old thread like this. A few people in the thread mentioned abebooks (www.abebooks.com)- I hadn't realised quite what it was about.

It appears to be a network of second hand booksellers around the world, with all their catalogs. You can search for a title- and narrow down the search to sellers in Australia if you wish. Jan Somers is well represented, as are other people mentioned in the forum before.

Not all are bargain prices- some are for brand new books, with a hefty shipping charge within Australia. But there is a huge range available.

I found them after my daughter decided to read her school assignment book in the bath. I rang around quite a number of local bookstores- until somebody mentioned abebooks. There is a copy in Queanbeyan- an online-only bookstore.

Saved by the web!

Hi Markpatrick
I would love to swap some books and am real interested in the Steve McKnight but my partner is just beginning this journey, I am not far in front, and so he is going through my collection.
I have actaully found myself interested enough to reread some that he has commented on to me.
Never thought of looking for some on the net, will try that next time I want to purchase.
Cheers
Pony

Back