Books about Body Corporate ?

Hi,
I hopeing that someone can help with books about Body Corporate.

I've read countless books on investing, but haven't come across any books about Body corporate stuff, and I'm feeling that I'm lacking the basic now hows about getting things done in Community Tittle Scemes.

I've had several disagreements with committee members. There's lots of long stories regarding these issues. One is that the committee allowed my neighbour to put her air con motor on my lot area. It almost became a police issue to get it off.
Another one is about another neighbour that cleaned his own gutters, and got a reimbursement back for doing so. Problems really started to unfold when my property manager informed that the lounge room light was faulty. On inspecting the problem we found half a litre of water in the light fitting. It became a Body Corp. insurance problem. A few days later a plumber rings me to inform that somebody had put the down pipe on the wrong way.

And there are other problems that i don't want to go into right now. It has become very tempting to sell the five Strata Title properties and buy three houses. I need to educate my self in Body Corporate proccedures but don't know were to start. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks John.

Fantastic ! Thank you,

I haven't got time right now to look at the links. Heading out for the night, but I will definitely look at it tomorrow. Can't wait.

thanks again John.

Hi John,

There is a book called "The Strata Titles Handbook" (ISBN 0 947205 25 X) that explains the basics as well as varoius acts. It's a thin 62-page book but was published in NSW.

Good luck.

Tony

Try a search on the "Body Corporate and Community Management act".

Otherwise known as the BCCM.

I also believe there is a Govt website that has PDF's of this and other acts.

KI

Back