Boondall QLD & surrounding suburbs

Researching Boondall & surrounding suburbs so a family member who currently rents in Boondall can buy a PPOR, he works in Banyo.

Looking for some local knowledge, what are the good areas/streets to buy around 400K (3-4 bedroom house).

Any things I should be wary of? Any suburbs to avoid eg. flight path from airport (noise) etc.

Does anyone know the name of the primary & public high schools Boondall kids attend so I can look up the addresses?

Thanks in advance
Sheryn

Dont know the good streets but Earnshaw State College is the school. Ist one in QLD to do prep to yr 12 and I hear it has a pretty good reputation

Thanks Dawn & Rolf.

We would like to drive up and stay for a couple of nights and look around but it is too wet and miserable at the moment. :eek:

Kind Regards
Sheryn

I would have a look at Deagon (but check the flood levels as some parts are flood prone). It's very close to the waterfront at Sandgate but is a lot cheaper. There is a lot of renovation activity going on lately which is a good sign that a suburb is only going to improve over time.

No better time to be checking out a real issue with this area which is flooding, plenty of low lying spots with houses on them. Some wonderful large chunks of land in Nudgee (near Banyo) on the market at the moment which would make superb subdivision sites for new housing estates if they didn't become swimming pools at times like this, prime real estate for keeping horse paddocks though!

Flight noise, no. Train noise if you are close enough, also some busy arterial and through roads to avoid. Some houses very close to Banyo station have potential to be resumed in the future, a lot of older housing stock and all issues associated with that. Otherwise generally a pretty promising location, though It's hard for me to be truly objective seeing as I live in this postcode.

Working in Banyo could also consider areas like Northgate/Virginia/Nundah/Wavell Heights budget permitting. Though heading towards Bondall/Deagon further away from the CBD allows your dollar to stretch further.

At Zillmere I get some plane noise - but usually when its cloudy and I guess the planes have to fly lower. I imagine it would be the same in Boondall.

Thanks Scott, Joy & Andrew

Probably a real good time to be researching as I will eliminate areas that flood I looked at Deagon yesterday online. I think the further out is probably better with a back yard.

I will look at Northgate/Virginia/Nundah/Wavell Heights over the coming week as I think the budget is 350k - 400K mind you we have not talked to younger brother as yet as we need to get everything lined up first and make sure elder brother is happy with what he is doing.

Cheers
Sheryn

Spent the afternoon researching, all of the towns mentioned above have properties in the price bracket & budget. Now I will wait for eldest brother to decide how he wants to go ahead.

Thanks
Sheryn

Back