brand new bathroom but it leaks

Hi Harrywyborn,

Megasealed here. I noticed you first posted this back in July. Does this mean you still don't have a resolution?Cheers

Cate Dunwoody - National Marketing Manager

It was you that bumped this thread back into an active thread, after it had been dormant for several weeks

..... and now you are again taking the opportunity to do a marketing spiel, pretty much in response to your own post! :confused:

For me, this is running a bit close the wind of using the forum to sell your product.

Hi pennyk,

Its not a marketing spiel. We genuinely care about our customers and want a positive resolution for anyone who has a shower or balcony leak. I too was confused as to why that post appeared again in this thread after a few months. In error, I had thought harrywyborn had reposted it but looking back on it now it was actually Melbournian who quoted that post and commented about a waterproofing certificate.

Hello Cate

I'm prepared to accept that your intentions are good... but unfortunately it looks a bit sus, like on TV when people come up to politicians in the street and say exactly the right thing. You sit there thinking that it's set up.

Thanks Vaughan. I can see why it might look like that to some people. I am using my own full name on this forum and would not risk my own credibility by being dodgy. I will however always respond to posts if I feel Megasealed can be of assistance or if I feel further explanation or communication on a particular point raised is required. That is why I signed up as Megasealed for my member name - for full transparency.

Maybe one of the mods should look up the IP of Antman and see whether its the same as Megas**l.

This thread should be deleted as its a big advert for Megas**l because they know that it gets swept into the search engines.

This thread should be deleted as its a big advert for Megas**l because they know that it gets swept into the search engines.

i think its reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt in this case...
The suspicion has been raised in the thread, so its also clear to others reading at a later date.

Hi Rick Daugalis from Sunshine Coast Shower Seal,
I wouldnt normally get involved in these forums but seeing that there is a blatant untruth posted by antman suggesting that I was not interested in actually inspecting his shower I felt compelled to reply. I have and are sure all the other companies mentioned have no problem whatsoever attending a customers property to supply a quote. Would this antman happen to be the brisbane megasealed manager whose name is Anthony??

I smell a rat too

Putting aside the rat smell, I reckon if I bought an older house and a shower recess started leaking and I didn't want to renovate the bathroom, I would give one one of the leak companies a go.

But if had a new bathroom and it started leaking I would take the tiles up and start from scratch. It's not that big a deal for the peace of mind. Never hurts to test a waterproof membrane before you tile over it, too.

Scott

take the shower head off and plug pipe with appropriate fitting (available from bunnings etc) then turn taps on - if leaks then the problem is with the plumbing - if it doesn't then its the water proofing

Firstly, don't do anything else but take yourself down to Bunnings as suggest.

Secondly, buy another product at Bunnings called "SHOWER PLUG" (~$50-$60).

Thirdly, clean shower recess thoroughly then use metho to remove any soap residue and to absorb and evaporate any water in grout.

Fourth use SHOWER PLUG like its going out of style. Allow to dry.

The shower water will now beed and not penetrate tile or grout.

Although a temp solution lasting ~6months or so this stuff does work very well, is inexpensive, and will still allow you to shower until by a process of elimination you can establish if its the plumbers swagged joints hidden in the wall or the waterproofer is to blam.

Good luck

Last edited:
I assume the waterproofing is as per norm, installed before the bedded is put in place. I attended a tiling seminar the other evening and the speaker (well reguarded) said he now does the waterproofing on top of the bedding and then the tiles. Allowing for curing time etc etc.

Brian

Would have thought this runs contrary to the Australian Building Codes!
Don't know if i would do it this way until the codes are changed, otherwise you could leave yourself open!

Just my 2 cents!

Back