bread runs

Hi,

Does anyone here own a bread run/delivery?
My mate owns 1 and earns good money, however he works 7 days a week. With his kind of money he could hire a driver and still create a passive income?
There is 1 advertised in my area gross income of approx 120k , with no start up costs. Is this correct? seems pretty good, any advice appreciated

The gross is 120K, but what is the net?

Same a s co worker of mine. Her husband has a milk run. He makes good money, but also works 6 days a week and no vacations, unless he can organise someone to fill in for him.

I asked a Tip Top guy around 3 years ago. He bought the run for $120k i think. The truck made up about 40k. He said after expenses he took home over $900/wk but worked 7 days. It didn't look that good to me as you could get labouring (concreting, fencing) for the same and work M-F although a harder job but little outlay. You also have to consider the maintenance on a huge truck or a breakdown would be very expensive.
The only way to increase your income is to approach more shops and try to get them onboard but with his established area of houses that wouldn't get to many. I think you would need to get a run with an emerging development which should be cheaper, less $ at the start but as the population increases so does the bread intake and then your pay. Areas in Brisbane like Nth Lakes, Forest Lakes, Springfield, etc which went to thousands in a few years.
He said you can take holidays when you want and the company supplied the driver and took a cut.

Hope that helps,
Chris

Back