brick vs clad

Ok, there's like $30k difference between brick homes and clad homes. Is this normal? I know in general clad homes are not as solid, but don't they last as long as bricks anyway? What's so bad about clad homes? I for one thing they're easier to build extension at the back, etc. :confused:

Depends on where they are. I'm in the LNS and as far as I can tell there is almost no difference. In fact the weatherboard places when done up well look gorgeous and stand out amongst all the brick places -- particularly those that have been rendered.

I'll never understand why people get face brick and render it to look like flat fibro sheet. Some people rake the courses horizontally to make the painted brick look like weatherboard!

That price is not realistic, unless you building 5 houses? its too high even if you compare it to rendered finish for one property.
Brick has its advantages i think everyone knows that, but it could depand on the type of bricks you chose as well, bricks start from 45c each and go up to $3.00 each.
I would get few extra quotes if i was you.

Back