Brisbane 809m2 block town planning Q&A

Hi All, below is a Q&A from my PM's with identifying info removed that I thought others might find useful

IP
Would it be possible to get a quick advice on what in your opinion is the best option for me to take regarding one of my IPs. What's the best use for the piece of dirt. The address is on the middle to outer suburbs south of the city. Its a workers cottage on 809m2. Is it possible to build a block of units on it as I noticed that a couple of blocks away there is a 30 unit development going on.

PRO
At first glance
2 x 405 lots of LR (low density residential) on the one title
There are no special constraints or protections that I can see
2 lots on one title means you can just fill out at form at the titles office and they will split it back into 2 titles, get demolition approval from a private certifier (no town planning needed) and you could build 2x small lot code houses as long as you stayed within the regs without any town planning approval needed. Small lot code is attached with building envelopes on the back

you need at least 3000 sqm to build units or town houses in in LR.

You could investigate land prices in the area. In some suburbs the separate is worth more than the whole, so if you knock the house down and clear land and sell off 2 blocks individually can make more money.

You really don't have a higher use than one house per block. You could look at a house on the block with a secondary dwelling which needs to be less than 80m2. However not sure there is much of a sale market for them and you are not to rent them out to non-related parties without council permission

IP
So let me get this process straight.

It is 2 lots on 1 title. To split I just go to the titles office and fill out a form. Will this cost me?
Then I need demolition approval. How much this will cost and who do I see? Do you also have a rough idea how much it would cost a demolition company to remove the house. Maybe I can sell just the house and the buyer to come and remove from the site. I've seen offers like this on the net with sellers asking for ~40k or so just for the house.

If I follow these 2 processes I will have 2 seperate pieces of dirt measuring 405m2. Sweet . What about services like water, electricity, gas, sewrage and telephone line? Do you know who I talk with to find out if there are connections currently going into both the lots. If not who would i have to talk to in order to find prices to get the services installed.

Will have a look and see what 405m2 land prices are going for in the suburb.

also, excuse the ignorance but what is a building envelope.

PRO
Form 14- General Request & Cost?- Its 130 something for the request plus 50 something for each title so less than $250 all up, note though that once you do it you will get 2 separate rates notices not one, so won't be quite double but will be getting there
demo approval without needing planning approval is through a private certifier or building certifier the guys who do BA's or building approvals. I have a good one if you don't know anyone. Applied Building Approvals 3820 7848 don't remember what it costs but guessing under a grand but could be wrong
Depends on how much asbestos is in it, can be $30k or more.
looks like its a post war to me, best bet is if you can give it away and get them to clear the block and takeaway the rubbish. ALt you can get a salvage yard place that may demolish it for free if there is enough stuff in it. IF it is asbestos free and you need to pay for demolition, 20 ton excavator will flatten in 10 mins and only take a couple of hours to crunch it up and put it in the semis. Still costs thousands though cause your looking at $500+ to get the excavator trucked on site plus a couple of hundred an hour for the excavator plus similar for the trucks plus dump fees

you talk to the individual infrastructure people. but as there are 2 lots already you are not required to have these connected up. People who build the houses will have to do that,

Attachments

• chapter5_rdsmalllot_code.pdf
    690.8 KB · Views: 261
Back