Brisbane around 500k

Hi All,
have been lurking a bit on the forum to try and get a gauge on what I should do and am slightly stumped.

Currently Live in Darra, with plans to sell this house, and buy or build again.

I Love Darra and the proximity to the CBD, the train line, general quietness of the suburb. Problem is I want a bigger house (now have a kid along with the dog), but would like to remain in the centenary area. Depending on what the area was like I would also look at southside (tarragindi etc) but West is preferred. Almost definately not northside, as I currently work in ipswich.

Train is a must (wife works in CBD and train ***** all over bus)

I have a budget of 500k, and am happy to build a new house again (have built our current one) or move into a decent house around that mark.

Has to be 4/2/2 and the garage needs to be a proper garage not a carport. I have been looking at sinnamon park as it appears to be quite a bit nicer than darra, with almost all the convenience, and houses that weren't built in the 70's. I have also been looking at land in the western area and still not sure if I could find something that would meet all the critera (land would have to be under 280k to have a chance of a decent house finished under 500k.

I have read suggestions of tarragindi/yerong etc, and since darra didnt flood i want to make 100% sure the area I move to isnt effected either.

So I guess what I want to know is have I provided enough detail and does anyone else have suggestions? It will replace my current PPOR

Back