Brisbane City Plan 2014 - Latest Changes

Hi All

BCC announced some changes yesterday, all though they don't seem to be reflected in the draft scheme yet.

Most concerning is the further restriction on the locations for 300m2 lots in Low Density Residential Zones. They are now saying that a site will have to be within 200m of centre zoned land exceeding 2000m2. If it was 400m (the golden distance the majority of people deem as close enough to not bother driving) and they added train and busway stations as well it would be more tolerable.

I will comb through over the next few days to see of any further changes.

Thanks for the updates, I am looking inBrisbane and really hoping I can find something I can split, and waiting on what is going to happen with City Plan before I purchase.

Hi Daryl,

I am trying to find these announcements, besides seeing a Brisbane times article I can't seem to find the 2000sqm added criteria. Can you point me out to the original source?

Also it is not incorporate in the draft plan on BCC website yet :(

Thanks for the update.

I own half of a block in salisbury with my dad. He was speaking to the council the other day and they were saying that although the new city plan says there are specific requirements for 300m2 blocks, we could still put in an application and they may approve it anyway, even though we aren't within 200m of a centre zone etc...

What do you think the chances are of this actually happening in low density residential areas?

Hey Tim

I'd say your chances are slim. The changes to the minimum lot size to allow 300sqm lots (in certain circumstances) is quite a political issue, so I imagine Council will be quite strict in enforcing the 200m rule.

Back