Brisbane City Plan 2014 - Latest Draft

BCC has now updated the lot sizes in the latest plan.

As foreshadowed the restrictions on 300m2 lots in LDR zones has been further tightened to being within 200 metres walking distance of a site or sites in a zone in the centre zones category with a combined site area of more than 2000m2;

The other negative change is that they have increased the min rear lot sizes to 600m2, even when within 200m as above.

Looks like in character areas on double blocks they are going to allow you to setback a new house at the rear of a block where required to allow you retain the character at the front

The block you want to subdivide does not need to be 2000m2 or larger when you start, it needs to be near centre zoned land that is 2000m2 or greater in size. So if you are within 200m walking distance of centre zoned land but all of the contiguous centre zoned blocks do not add up to a total area of 2000m2 then you can't subdivide into 300m2 lots.

Changes to City Plan have gone live on the interacting mapping and there is now a summary of changes (attached)

Attachments

• Overview of submissions and responses.pdf
    558.1 KB · Views: 395
I was actually going to ask how do they accurately measure the 200m? [/url]

Me too. I've been using Google Maps to measure but obviously that's not 100% accurate. Also RPI I saw in one of your documents you mentioned specifically "walking" distance, not radial distance. Can you confirm it's walking distance? Walking distance cuts out a lot of properties compared to radial.

And is the 200m to any touchpoint of your property or the very far reaches of your property? My uncle has a property where the 200m just reaches his house...but depending on how they measure, it may not reach the back of his property.

BTW RPI I've put one of my friends and an uncle onto you, and my brother will be calling you soon on my recommendation, based how how impressed I've been with you on this forum. I hope you don't disappoint!!:):)

I was actually going to ask how do they accurately measure the 200m? Will each individual property affected show up in a map? This property listing mentions 300metres. Is that agent error? Or is that different??
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-holland park west-116091767

Unfortunately, we won't know how strict Council will be in enforcing the 200m rule until the new planning scheme comes into force. I presume, it will be up to the applicant to demonstrate that the site is within 200m walking distance of the centre through a site plan.

With regard to the listing, the agent is either misinformed or deceptive. That site would not be able to be split under the new draft plan.

Me too. I've been using Google Maps to measure but obviously that's not 100% accurate. Also RPI I saw in one of your documents you mentioned specifically "walking" distance, not radial distance. Can you confirm it's walking distance? Walking distance cuts out a lot of properties compared to radial.

And is the 200m to any touchpoint of your property or the very far reaches of your property? My uncle has a property where the 200m just reaches his house...but depending on how they measure, it may not reach the back of his property.

BTW RPI I've put one of my friends and an uncle onto you, and my brother will be calling you soon on my recommendation, based how how impressed I've been with you on this forum. I hope you don't disappoint!!:):)

It is walking distance to a boundary of the property. Doesn't need to be the whole property.

Cheers for the recommendation.

By the way how long has this 200m rule been in place? I'm looking at an area about 200m from the shops but every agent I've talked to hasn't got a clue. It's such a huge selling point that you'd think they would be yelling this from the top of the house but it's rarely mentioned / advertised.

Measure roughly by online map or stepping it out. If it is close get a surveyor to do it.

Thanks, it sounds like it's going to be a messy rule for agents, sellers and buyers. If purchasing it would be worth investing in a tool that measures.

Council has written to all planning firms today saying that adoption of the plan will be no later than 1 July, sooner if possible.

Back