Brisbane - Gold Coast Corridor

Hi guys...

I am looking at catching the potential (or maybe already started) rise in prices in this area.... I will be in the GC for a hol next week and looking forward to having a good look around.

Below are a few areas I plan to have a look around at (i am looking for a newish 4 bdr house to take advantage of tax breaks/dep. and also with large land content to hopefully get CG):

Beenleigh - seems very popular and a lot of people already bought here so may bypass. In my research I read that 40% of houses were rented out. Would this be a concern to new investers? (this will be my first IP) - Next suburbs out from Beenleigh may be worth a look - any recommendations?? (I have some others written down at home but thier names have bypassed me)

Ormeau - Seems possibly out my price range (350k approx) but good area

Pacific Pines - Nr Gold Coast, do forumites think these areas will have the CG or better sticking closer to Brisbane

Loganlea - Closer to Brissy but seems already had mini boom?? (anyone agree?)

Calamvale/Drewvale/other areas closer to Brissy - Lower socioeconomic areas (at least thats what Ive read) would like to take a look myself but again think these areas are possibly overpriced

Pimpama - concerns with this and a lot of other areas is Coys like Harcourts are producing mass numbers of IP's directed at investors so will these be able to rent out in 5 or 10 or 15 years??

Any feedback or any other places I may be interested will be greatly appreciated. As stated above this will be my first IP so no doubt it is the hardest but I have done a bit of research and this site certainly helps....

I believe this area is good for me to get into now because I am on an average income so a house of 350 will be sustainable... I also hope this to be first of many so do not want to go too high!!

Thanks guys in advance - your feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

Price

I am looking at around the 350k mark.... Newish 4 bedrm/2 bath house with land of 600+... pretty stock standard house that is going round QLD at the mo.

Eagleby is on the other side of the highway to Beenleigh and is worth looking at =- has a river that surrounds it. There is currently a lot of development going on and you may pick up a fairly modern house in your price range. It is increasingly being advertised as the NOrthern end of the Gold Coast.

Tim

Thanx for the reply tremelo....

But would I be able to pick up my specifications (ie newish 4 bedder around 300-350k) in this area???

Im not too sure but open to opinions/ideas.... cheers

Eagleby is on the other side of the highway to Beenleigh and is worth looking at =- has a river that surrounds it. There is currently a lot of development going on and you may pick up a fairly modern house in your price range. It is increasingly being advertised as the NOrthern end of the Gold Coast.

Tim

I think you'll find it is as far as rates go, and i've heard second hand that they don't allocate the $$$ that they do for other Gold Coast areas, yet still charge the big buck's.

So while on one side of the highway, Beenleigh, may be getting tarted up, Eagleby might be dipping out.

That was the feel I got last time I went on the hunt there.

But I could be wrong.

BB

Loganlea has gone up, but i think it has stalled recently. I think as the prices in Kingston are going up the prices in Loganlea will look great and go up, You just need to get the right street there are some shockers full of HC houses and then the next brank new houses.

Hi Lietha

Is Loganholme and Loganlea the same kind of areas....??\
These areas interest me but still a bit worried the prices gone up and how do I know if they are full of HC/lower socio...??

I can't believe how quickly prices are going up all over the Gold Coast and how much land is available at present. Apparently on Friday Stocklands had only 11 blocks of land available for sale in the whole of the Gold Coast. Obviously with new releases this will change but it makes you realise the shortage of land is becoming scary.

I am so glad we brought when we did. Brought in Pacific Pines back in September last year and after reading the article in Friday's Bulletin managed to find some land in Jacob's Ridge, Ormeau on Friday.

Did anyone else see the article in the Bulletin?

Cheers
Ems

G'day Ritchie,

Is Loganholme and Loganlea the same kind of areas
I'd take Loganholme over Loganlea any day. The first is typically newer, and has quite a different feel - BUT it doesn't have "the train" which Loganlea does.....

It's also a lot closer to the "corridor"

Regards,

Loganlea or Loganholme

Hmmm...thanks Les

So decisions between newer area and the train line.... I suppose the prices might guide me! I am going up there again in about a month when hopefully another house settles in the North....

I am also looking at possible areas such as Crestmead? Algester? Calamvale? Drewvale etc??? This looks like good up and coming areas or maybe it is better looking at the Ipswhich area.... mmmm....

Thanks again guys for input and any new suggestions

G'day Ritchie,

I don't know "Drewvale" as a suburb - but there is a Drews Ave in/around Loganholme. I'd guess it might be in that area. If you like the look of Loganholme, go 1 - 2KM North and check out Tanah Merah. I liked the look of that area (7 years back) and could never understand why it was so low-priced compared to other suburbs to its East. (Had a go, missed out, and never went back - perhaps I should take another look too :D )

It's also smack in the Gold Coast Corridor (like Loganholme) but a notch or two higher in my estimation.

Re Crestmead, hmm, I reckon it's interchangeable with Kingston, Waterford West, Marsden (but, unlike Kingston, it also doesn't have "the train"). To be fair, Crestmead is probably a little newer than the others, but it has vast tracts of land immediately South (Park Ridge) so little chance of "land shortage" there, I would think. Kingston, Marsden are "land-locked" - Waterford West is more like Crestmead (plenty of land to the South).

Calamvale, Algester, well, you're way further West, well away from the train, but those areas do have a lot going for them (newer, close to Sunnybank shops) - but getting well away from the Gold Coast corridor - if that's important to you. Still, a lot of new development in the area too. (Is that goodness? Or badness? Depends where you're sitting I guess).

And Ipswich, I really can't comment - so I'll defer to others there,

Regards,

Not sure if you considered Hervey Bay however I bought there (Eli Waters) in Dec last year based on some research I did off the back of the residex projections (which had Eli Waters as one of the top five projected fastest cap growth suburbs in regional Aus) in their cap growth projection report late last year.

The hervey bay council is growing at 2-3 times the average rate of population growth in Qld. Infrastructure is also growing rapidly with new hospitals, retail, resorts and commercial centres springing up around Torquay, Eli waters and Scarness area. The new extended airport brought about a huge increase in tourist traffic as well as adding Syd - Hervey Bay direct flights last year.

I think Jetstar is looking at adding Melb to Hervey Bay direct flights in the near future.

Rental yields are about 5%.

Good luck

Harris

Hi guys...

I am looking at catching the potential (or maybe already started) rise in prices in this area.... I will be in the GC for a hol next week and looking forward to having a good look around.

Below are a few areas I plan to have a look around at (i am looking for a newish 4 bdr house to take advantage of tax breaks/dep. and also with large land content to hopefully get CG):

Beenleigh - seems very popular and a lot of people already bought here so may bypass. In my research I read that 40% of houses were rented out. Would this be a concern to new investers? (this will be my first IP) - Next suburbs out from Beenleigh may be worth a look - any recommendations?? (I have some others written down at home but thier names have bypassed me)

Ormeau - Seems possibly out my price range (350k approx) but good area

Pacific Pines - Nr Gold Coast, do forumites think these areas will have the CG or better sticking closer to Brisbane

Loganlea - Closer to Brissy but seems already had mini boom?? (anyone agree?)

Calamvale/Drewvale/other areas closer to Brissy - Lower socioeconomic areas (at least thats what Ive read) would like to take a look myself but again think these areas are possibly overpriced

Pimpama - concerns with this and a lot of other areas is Coys like Harcourts are producing mass numbers of IP's directed at investors so will these be able to rent out in 5 or 10 or 15 years??

Any feedback or any other places I may be interested will be greatly appreciated. As stated above this will be my first IP so no doubt it is the hardest but I have done a bit of research and this site certainly helps....

I believe this area is good for me to get into now because I am on an average income so a house of 350 will be sustainable... I also hope this to be first of many so do not want to go too high!!

Thanks guys in advance - your feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

Hi guys...

Thanks for your responses... not been on coz problems logging in/internet...

Anyway, Loganholme could be good coz close to GC/Ipswhich motorways... Although no train could be an issue if all hell breaks out and there is a big bust in Brissy?? It is possible that areas close to train line and roads will survive so I guess 1/2 not bad eh??:cool:

Do you think the newish 4 bedders in any of these areas can be found for 300-330kish mark??

Further input well apprecaited

Cheers
Ritchie77

Hi guys...

Thanks for your responses... not been on coz problems logging in/internet...

Anyway, Loganholme could be good coz close to GC/Ipswhich motorways... Although no train could be an issue if all hell breaks out and there is a big bust in Brissy?? It is possible that areas close to train line and roads will survive so I guess 1/2 not bad eh??:cool:

Do you think the newish 4 bedders in any of these areas can be found for 300-330kish mark??

Further input well apprecaited

Cheers
Ritchie77

I think you'd be pushing "newish" IP for that price, but perhaps an old do-upper you may snap up for that...

Beenleigh

Have heard that there are lots of problems with tenants in Beenleigh. Havent actually checked it out myself but heard it from friends in the RE game. Interested to hear what other people are saying for other parts as the area certainly seem to be going ahead.

I have 3 rentals (with number four waiting to be settled) in Beenleigh and Eagleby. I have not had any problems with tenants actually. I mean sure the area is a lower socio economic area but with due dilligence from the PM all is well.

Tim

Back