brisbane hotspots - infrastructure related research

Northside

What do people think of Keperra as an investment opportunity? Good location to CBD. I've been looking at the Brisbane northside for opportunities.

What do people think of Keperra as an investment opportunity? Good location to CBD. I've been looking at the Brisbane northside for opportunities.
Cant Be Sure But Certainly Worthy Of Investigation The Houses Generally Too Old Now For Tax Advantage Old Drive In Site Mmmm Cant Think Of Names Minerals I Think Too Lazy To Look Up Had A Mixture Of Dhas As Well As Other Ares In Keppera Certainly Worth A Look Although I Do Think That Other Areas Could Be Higher On My Shopping List Why Northside Only Keen To Understand Your Reasoning Always Looking For Free Wisdom Thats My View Thx

I am also beginning to warm up to Alderley, Everton Park and Stafford. Angel recommended Everton Park. My reasoning is that they are in the reasonable price range for investors and are attracting lots of renovation which lifts up valuation in the area by gentrification. Topographically, I believe they are on higher grounds and avoid devaluation from flooding. City views can also sustain valuation. They are also at reasonable proximity to Brisbane.

I would be happy to hear others' views of these places.

Ex-gov housing seems to sell at a pretty good price $350k for 3bed 1 bath. Not sure if it's the govt's goal to sell off all their housing?? but would be good for area having a higher % of owner occupiers. It's still relatively rough there.. so could be a good long term investment. Ferny Grove has a new tavern/train stop upgrade which will be good for the area too.
The ex-gov housing is built exclusively of fibro asbestos inside and out if you're thinking of reno'ing.

I am also beginning to warm up to Alderley, Everton Park and Stafford. Angel recommended Everton Park. My reasoning is that they are in the reasonable price range for investors and are attracting lots of renovation which lifts up valuation in the area by gentrification. Topographically, I believe they are on higher grounds and avoid devaluation from flooding. City views can also sustain valuation. They are also at reasonable proximity to Brisbane.

I would be happy to hear others' views of these places.

I love Everton Park at the moment.

I am doing my own small estate out there at present, 11,000 m2 raw site into a mix of small lots, couple of commercial lots and a couple of larger left over.

I am doing a 12 lot estate for a client out there also.

My site is still in early stages of planning but am contemplating zoning some lots for laneway with a fonzie flat over the rear garage. The zoning would allow for 2 separate tenants. I have no intention in building on them myself, my money is made in the rezoning and subdivision, there is enough left in it for others and I am better to move on to the next one. Also vacant land is moving so fast at the moment I hope to sell stage one before I settle on the land.

I will probably build a 500m2 NLA strip shop on one of the sites and keep that as a long term income stream.

Cant Be Sure But Certainly Worthy Of Investigation The Houses Generally Too Old Now For Tax Advantage Old Drive In Site Mmmm Cant Think Of Names Minerals I Think Too Lazy To Look Up Had A Mixture Of Dhas As Well As Other Ares In Keppera Certainly Worth A Look Although I Do Think That Other Areas Could Be Higher On My Shopping List Why Northside Only Keen To Understand Your Reasoning Always Looking For Free Wisdom Thats My View Thx

I have been looking at suburbs in the 10 km ring from CBD that are most affordable. I am not very familiar with northside so am trying to get myself a bit more knowledge. I have been to Stafford and that seems like a very convenient suburb to services and the cbd, but there are no houses there that appeal to me at the moment but I will keep looking. Keperra came up when I looked at a map, but I've never been there....prices seem affordable.

Not Sure What U Mean Didnt Appeal To Me Is That Poor Location Or Ugly Wallpaper.? Your Locations Mentioned Are Solid capital Growth Spots But The Westside I I Think Is Light Years In Front Ie Graceville Sherwood Corinda Among Many Others Thats My 2 Bobs Worth

Hi,

After reading a lot over the past few days I think that there are a lot of theories around on why a suburb achieves above normal capital gains. The theme that is consistent is that a suburb must become desirable in the short term ( < 5 years) to achieve above normal growth which only happens if there is a transformation i.e. shopping centre, improved infrastructure, cafe precinct, new school etc.

I am excluding renovation as a method to increase values;and
mining towns where there is an influx of people during the construction phase.

Based on this I think Brisbane should have extra ordinary gains and over the next 10 year as workers will have greater wealth.

Now to which suburbs?

inner south brisbane - new train line and it is close to the river. I am focussing on yeerongpilly, dutton park, yeronga.

Carindale - extension of busway

Does anyone want to contradict or substantiate on this theory?

regards,

Generally, Id agree that Brisbane will be performing well in the next 10 years. The reason I say this is because there is good population growth, primarilly, because there is a well diversified employment base [ led by the miners, but they are not going away anytime soon] and also because it is cheaper than syd/mel [ purchase price].
As you correctly pointed out, that does not mean all brisbane suburbs will outperform.

Infrastructure spend is always tricky to predict- no one knows what the govt will table in the following budgets.

Id stick to the fundamentals:
1. Location [ distance to the city]
2. Land Size
3. Safe, convenient, transport and shopping infrastructure already in place- and not betting that the govt will improve it, but rather, if they do improve it, all the better.
Thus, both areas you mentioned - yeronga etc and the 4152 [ camp hill, carina, carindale] are good bets. Id prefer the 4152 because it has less crime than yeronga area [ which is close to annerley and moorooka], and also because places like dutton park may flood [ being close to the river], and finally because the 4152s have good shopping facilities already in place [ as opposed to the yeronga, annerley/moorooka area which has more limited shopping.]

Generally, Id agree that Brisbane will be performing well in the next 10 years. The reason I say this is because there is good population growth, primarilly, because there is a well diversified employment base [ led by the miners, but they are not going away anytime soon] and also because it is cheaper than syd/mel [ purchase price].
As you correctly pointed out, that does not mean all brisbane suburbs will outperform.

Infrastructure spend is always tricky to predict- no one knows what the govt will table in the following budgets.

Id stick to the fundamentals:
1. Location [ distance to the city]
2. Land Size
3. Safe, convenient, transport and shopping infrastructure already in place- and not betting that the govt will improve it, but rather, if they do improve it, all the better.
Thus, both areas you mentioned - yeronga etc and the 4152 [ camp hill, carina, carindale] are good bets. Id prefer the 4152 because it has less crime than yeronga area [ which is close to annerley and moorooka], and also because places like dutton park may flood [ being close to the river], and finally because the 4152s have good shopping facilities already in place [ as opposed to the yeronga, annerley/moorooka area which has more limited shopping.]
Mr Jag

I think that your statements reflect a deep understanding ofood ol the Brisbane market place in my miind ( not that I am anybody really) i agree with your 4152 advice although I would exclude Carindale ,,It is full of a lot of 'would be -if they coulld bes.always plenty of financially induced sales, and also has a high medium' price ,as opposed to average,,and wont be the first aresa to move as the entry level 'shacks' atound 4152 leave it in a distant vapour trail... the others areas near /shouldering 3152 ,I havent checked postcode would be seven hills, east side carindale,( seven hills side) , cannon hill. east brisbane mmmm on the hill near ernest st ,just as a point of referencce,,,upper mt gravatt ,south of broadwater rd? the list goes on ,,,even east of cav rd would be a place to look as they meet your wise paracticl criteria --anyone who follows your advice will be on the right track -particularly unsophisticated first time investors ( my advice ddoes not apply to units, townhouses, apartments just to clatify ) well in this area at least ..

Mr Jag

I think that your statements reflect a deep understanding ofood ol the Brisbane market place in my miind ( not that I am anybody really) i agree with your 4152 advice although I would exclude Carindale ,,It is full of a lot of 'would be -if they coulld bes.always plenty of financially induced sales, and also has a high medium' price ,as opposed to average,,and wont be the first aresa to move as the entry level 'shacks' atound 4152 leave it in a distant vapour trail... the others areas near /shouldering 3152 ,I havent checked postcode would be seven hills, east side carindale,( seven hills side) , cannon hill. east brisbane mmmm on the hill near ernest st ,just as a point of referencce,,,upper mt gravatt ,south of broadwater rd? the list goes on ,,,even east of cav rd would be a place to look as they meet your wise paracticl criteria --anyone who follows your advice will be on the right track -particularly unsophisticated first time investors ( my advice ddoes not apply to units, townhouses, apartments just to clatify ) well in this area at least ..

Is that you GrossReal???

Hi RIP,

I'd be interested to know what is it that you love about Everton Park? Is there any new infrastructure planned? What are the drivers?

Thank you!

Hi RIP,

I'd be interested to know what is it that you love about Everton Park? Is there any new infrastructure planned? What are the drivers?

Thank you!
There is already a lot of new infrastructure including new tollways and new busway. Other drivers would include closeness to CBD, big blocks, opportunities to add value due to age of dwellings, plenty of shopping, good schools.

Angel seems to be more of an expert than me in this area so you'd get more information if you did a search for her comments.

Old news for some, but hadn't seen it mentioned on this site yet. I'm a bit of a fan of Keperra, very undervalued IMO. Look at it's neigbouring suburbs (The Gap, Ferny Grove and Mitchelton) and there is a massive discrepancy in the sale prices.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...a-quarry-gets-green-light-20130927-2ui89.html

>10km to CBD, good transport links, gentrification in progress, currently very good returns, big blocks with first signs of development showing, cheap purchase price.

Purchased one a few months back under $400k, 4 bed 2 bath, should rent around the $550 mark pw once reno is complete.

Back