Brisbane investment advice

Hi,

I am from malbourne and looking to invest in brisbane. I have an IP in melbourne and this will be my second IP.
I am looking to spend less than $350k. which suburbs will you guys recommend for that price range?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am from malbourne and looking to invest in brisbane. I have an IP in melbourne and this will be my second IP.
I am looking to spend less than $350k. which suburbs will you guys recommend for that price range?

Thanks in advance

Hi Anshu

There have been many posts in the last few months talking about places to buy in Brisbane. Spend some time with the search funtion and you will get many more opinions than you will get replies to this thread.

Cliff

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Less than 350k - Logan suburbs such as Slacks Creek, Browns Plains, Marsden, Regents Park, Boronia Heights, Crestmead. That's for standalone houses.

For townhouse/units - you can move into Brisbane City Council suburbs.

It's getting hard to find anything at that price point in BCC areas now. Logan, Redcliffe, Ipswich would give you more options.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Speak to Beanie girl about the Logan area. She's the resident expert

Less than 350k - Logan suburbs such as Slacks Creek, Browns Plains, Marsden, Regents Park, Boronia Heights, Crestmead. That's for standalone houses.

the south side is cover here ^

the north side have a look at strathpine and bray park or if you like being near the water the peninsula areas of redcliffe? for houses.

Thanks for us reply. I have been looking in Logan but the rental returns are bit higher than the average market. High rental must be covering some risk. What's that risk.

I have some more questions

How are the tenants in Logan area. Is there a good side and bad side of Logan just like any other suburb.
Thanks guys.

I have some more questions

How are the tenants in Logan area. Is there a good side and bad side of Logan just like any other suburb.
Thanks guys.

logan is a region covering many many suburbs. there are good areas and not so good areas. the woodridge, logan central and kingston areas are higher risk and rental yield reflects this. if your risk profile is lower best look into crestmead, edens landing and bethania in the logan region. the demographics for these areas are better... good luck.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Anshu806,

What sort of deposit are you looking to use of the purchase?
Why is the $350k amount seem right to you..?

I would recommend looking for something low $400's within 15 minutes of CBD with a 1BR unit with great growth potential but also so much going for it in the way of infrastructure.

Last edited by a moderator:
logan is a region covering many many suburbs. there are good areas and not so good areas. the woodridge, logan central and kingston areas are higher risk and rental yield reflects this. if your risk profile is lower best look into crestmead, edens landing and bethania in the logan region. the demographics for these areas are better... good luck.

Thanks Jerrym for ur advice. I was reading some articles and looking at the number of new units being sold near logan central (realestate.com.au) should change the suburb outlook?

we just did a deal for a client buying in Inala - older house $285k, 350 a week return. Reno'd which he was ok about. Old wooden place but hes going to lift it. 600+ sqm block
Other side of the highway you're 100k higher. The agent I dealt with over the property contract was really flexible as well for terms and pricing - just wanted to make the deal work.

But different demographic once you pass parts of oxley and north...

There is a house there around 240k but people died in it apparently and needs some reno work. But still low entry point and if you get good tenants... it could be a winner if the ghosts dont scare you off.

Anshu806,

What sort of deposit are you looking to use of the purchase?
Why is the $350k amount seem right to you..?

I would recommend looking for something low $400's within 15 minutes of CBD with a 1BR unit with great growth potential but also so much going for it in the way of infrastructure.

Crap advice

Thanks for us reply. I have been looking in Logan but the rental returns are bit higher than the average market. High rental must be covering some risk. What's that risk.

Capital growth is much slower in Logan suburbs than Brisbane. So you get your returns through high rental yield and modest capital gains. For Brisbane, you are likely to be in a cash flow negative situation but will have higher capital growth. So all depends on the buyer's strategy. Someone on high income can dig into their wallet for ongoing IP cash shortfalls; while others will prefer rental yields if they are in it for the long term; or do not have the surplus cash from income to sustain someone else's living!

Some Logan suburbs are evolving into better, less-stigmatised suburbs (this only matters if one sells his/her IP). I hold them long term so only care about bank valuation to purchase the next one, and of course the rent! Don't care whether it is an engineer that occupies my IP or someone on Centrelink - as far as I get my $360/week for the $280k outlay, which covers all expenses yet i get a tax refund due to depreciation, am good!

Now looking at Beenleigh (lots of noise about this in the forum so will pick something up there); and Marsden.

Some Logan suburbs are evolving into better, less-stigmatised suburbs (this only matters if one sells his/her IP). I hold them long term so only care about bank valuation to purchase the next one, and of course the rent! Don't care whether it is an engineer that occupies my IP or someone on Centrelink - as far as I get my $360/week for the $280k outlay, which covers all expenses yet i get a tax refund due to depreciation, am good!

Now looking at Beenleigh (lots of noise about this in the forum so will pick something up there); and Marsden.

Do you have insurance to cover any Loss of rent due to rent default in case if it happens

Back