Votes: 6 15.0%
  • up to 50%

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Above 50%

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What are peoples opinions on the forum for the capital growth remaining in Brisbane over the next three years.

BRISBANE will be the nation's star performer in real estate in the next three years with prices jumping by up to 36 per cent, a report by analysts BIS Shrapnel predicts.The city is expected to out-perform all other capitals.

Brisbane: Residential prices improved by only 3 per cent in real terms between 1993 and 2001 because of a persistent oversupply. Prices have subsequently increased substantially and are forecast to have risen by 21 per cent in 2002/03. The stock surplus has been reversed, and Queensland now has a deficiency of nearly 17,000 dwellings. Underlying demand has increased due to a stronger inflow from both overseas migration and net interstate migration. Strong price growth is forecast over the next three years.

Link to thread on BIS Shrapnel article

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9956

;)

I think the stock market may take off in the next 12 months dragging some cash out of property. Aussie dollar is high against the US dollar and in 12 months interest rates may start to rise. US Stocks are fairly much at the low end. Good buying time for Aussies into the US Stock Market. Make a profit 100% in 12 to 18 months time perhaps or sell them when the aussie dollar falls again in our monetary down cycle.

Clearly many aspects to demand in the property market. Renters, Speculative Investors, Home Buyers, interstate migration flows etc...

I think much may depend on IRAQ and North Korea situations in terms of perception of global stability ad security. I mean the way things are looking, we may get dragged into a nuclear war. Now we unlike the Yanks don't have anti missile missile systems in place, limited in capability though they are, we have absolutely no defence against them. It's a worry to me. If you think Sept 11 was surreal, wait till some country gets nuked, then pinch yourself, no better prod yourself with a white hot iron.

I voted 50%. I voted this way because I believe I've got the right houses at the right money and they will increase at least 50% over the next three years if the general trend up continues! As far as the whole of Brisbane, *shrugs*, I really don't have a clue. Just as long as the bits I own go well I'm happy.

PS. I would like everyones properties on this forum to go well too, and am reasonably confident that they will as you all seem to be a very intelligent bunch! :)

If the value of property in a good market doubles on average every 7 years, would it not follow that in 3 years a good market would increase by 50% or more?

CAP GROWTH

The question is a little short.

Why do I feel lonely (only one voting above 50%..

As suggo says... i WOULD BE devistated if my homes in Brisbane AREAS ... (That's the key NOT just Brisbane!!!) only gave me 50% in 3 years. Looking for 150%

ocean

Back