Brissie in July!

Will you be BBQing with the Brisbanites?

• YES!!!!!!!!!! Can smell that snag sizzling now!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Maaaaaybe.... Dunno yet, but might...

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • NO WAY! You can't cook !!! :)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Well, I've split this off from the Canberra thread, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in a BIG BBQ in BNE in July...

I suggested in the other thread that we'd have it on the 20th of July, venue to be determined.

I propose a simple BBQ and salads.

We will have a great time, and TW promises to try to be there!!!

I have posted a poll to see if there is interest.

asy :D

It might finally have stopped raining by then!!!!!!
Been in Brissy for a week and got drowned every time I went out to look at a property.

Oh well, you know the saying

" Queensland, beautiful one day..... lousy for the rest of the month.!!!!!!!
:D

Hi Asy

I have them in front of me. That date is on the last weekend of hols for a few states.

ACT,NSW,SA, WA all start back 21 July

VIC goes back 14 July
QLD 15 July

Cheers
Ani

Ok, guys, so, do we want to do it on the last day of the school holidays (for some), or move it to the 27th?

asy :D

Asy,
Don't wanta put a damper on our BBQ event, but just checked out Qld's previous weather conditions for July and here's what I found. Hummm....... Maybe it might be better to have it before the school hols if you were to believe that history will repeat it self again??? (sounds similar heh?)

WIND Queensland July 1999
The combination of a large high over southern Australia and a complex low over the east Coral Sea drove especially strong winds into Queenslands central and southern coast between the 25th and 27th. Cape Moreton recorded a southsoutheastly 10 minute mean wind of 96 km/h and a peak gust to 115 km/h during the 26th. East to southeast swells (reaching a significant height of 4.6m and a peak height of 9.5m on the 26th) exacerbated erosion at Gold Coast beaches.

SNOW Queensland July 2000
A cold outbreak combined with a rainband aloft, resulted in record low maximum temperatures in southeast Queensland on the 27th. Light snow and sleet was reported at Springbrook on the southern border ranges.

Queensland - July 2001
The passage of an upper trough caused a deep low to form off the New South Wales coast which circulated strong gusty southwest winds over southeast Queensland from the 27th until the 30th. Wind gusts to 70 km/h were recorded on the 28th after which the low moved east and weakened. A construction crane was blown over into the Brisbane River. On the 28th the wind felled trees and caused damage to powerlines.

July 2002: No details provided. (But in June 2002, this was noted:) A deep low gradually moved across the Tasman Sea late in June and drove large swells to southeast Queensland with significant waves reaching 4.7 metres and a maximum height over 8 metres at the wave rider buoy. A yacht was dismasted 300 kilometres eastnortheast of Fraser Island due to large waves and strong winds early on the 30th.

July 2003: Who knows?

Source: http://www.bom.gov.au/inside/services_policy/public/sigwxsum/sigwmenu.shtml

Heyhey! July 27th sounds better for me- I know airfares will be cheaper (got to leave some money over for the food, you know :))

As for the snow, wind and rain- we're cooking up a storm anyway, so a bit of sleet and cyclone won't hurt as well....

Back