Broker Check

Howdy

Just curious, does anyone ever verify their current set-up with another broker, ie second opinion.
Very happy with ours, but ignorance can be a bad thing.
As they say you don't know what you don't know.

Cheers

lol - I don't get this. I've seen the banter a few times but must have missed the post that started it.

Cheers

Jamie

All behind the scenes.

You know some of the enquiry you get.................

Dear Rolph

I have seen you on the internet on the Somerset boards

Whats your best rate product with 95 % + lm lend, busy credit file borrower, 28 Sqm studio serviced apartment in Moranbah please

ohh,and the broker In currently talking with will refund half the upfront and all the trail commission

ta
rolf

All behind the scenes.

Dear Rolph

Whats your best rate product with 95 % + lm lend, busy credit file borrower, 28 Sqm studio serviced apartment in Moranbah please

ohh,and the broker In currently talking with will refund half the upfront and all the trail commission

ta
rolf

Rolf you forgot to mention that they'll be purchasing via a hybrid trust. ;)

lol unleash the Brokers :)
Is this done tho or is it just forum jokes?
Maybe my broker and I need to have "the talk"

All behind the scenes.

Dear Rolph

ta
rolf

Oh and by the way it's an OTP NRAS 28sqm serviced apartment property that we're buying in a hybrid trust

@zimby: Would you accept a job where your terms of employment are that you'll be paid fairly for the work you've done, but for the privileged of being employed, you've got to give half back to your employer?

Asking for someone to pay you to do business with you really just means you're less valuable as a client to them. The brokers that are willing to pay for business aren't very successful in the first place, which probably means they're not very good at what they're doing. The really successful brokers will see you as less worth of their efforts and you won't be the first person they think of when they're busy.

Last edited:
Hey Pete

I think Zimby just got pulled into a convo that he really didnt mean to

To answer the original question.......................

The fact that you are asking the question suggests you have some sensible reason for the seed of doubt.

Seeds left unchecked grow.............. often into Camphor Laurel trees.

What part of your finance is of a concern to you ?

ta
rolf

Hi Ralph

Just like second opinions, as there are many ways to do the same thing, some better than others.
Circumstances change, we increase our portfolio etc
Right person for the job is what I'm trying for.

Peter,wholly agree. Realised afterwards that it may come off wrong, my broker and I share a good laugh often at each others expense, this would be something to have a laugh with him about.
Was just curious if it was done, as it doesn't seem wholly logical as you explained.

My bad Zimby. Working pretty hard at the moment. :)

I do know of a broker that refunds his commissions and charges a flat fee instead. Works out to the same amount as about 3-4 years commission on a $400k loan.

I suspect the broker comes out ahead for most deals, when you consider loans tend to be refinanced or adjusted about every 2-4 years.

Back