Broker Selling my Private Details

In the early days in my business when men were men (and many of the women were men too) :) I used to spend a lot of time on the phone with purchased leads.

These usually came from a list or lead broker.

My view would be then if I got a call from a dream investments guy and he says I got your contacts from a broker, my first thought would not be mortgage broker, nor would it be print broker, stock broker, customs broker, travel broker, car broker, business broker etc.

As an aside, there is emotional value to ones private details lke contact numbers etc. I have not got any of my contact details on a DNC register. im odd I actually like many of the telemarketer calls, though some do wear thin.

ta
rolf

Yes I do realise there are many type of brokers but I have only dealt with the mortgage ones recently and they are they only ones who know my business type along with my email address and phone number. The only other organization I can think of that have that info recently is the bank but I don't remember giving them my email as well.

There is no excuse for a company selling private details to other companies but as an earlier poster mentioned, it was probably on the fine print in the terms when I have signed one of the bank documents.

As I said before, people should be very careful when selecting brokers or any other organization who could keep your private information for many years.

Selling this information is the lowest thing they can do and I have every right to be mad about it!

You sure do have the right to be mad about it, and even to do something about it.

If I was as concerned as you were I would want some closure on this issue. I would contact the person that made the cold call and ask for more detail as to where they got your information from............and drill down and backwards from there.

We have a privacy commissioner in most states that may be helpful.

One of the things that I have been taught is 'dont complain, make a difference". If you can nail the source you can make a difference.

ta
rolf

monsoon, I am not sure what you mean, but I can assure you I have alot of experience. I may be new user but I am certainly an experienced investor.

You seem to be contradicting yourself and are now back to blaming your broker. I read your other post and as far as I can see he was not negligent in his/her actions. You yourself admit the loan structure was set up correctly. Your gripe boils down to a comment to the Solicitor which was unprofessional if indeed it was said. I actually wonder what your Solicitor thought to achieve by telling this to you.

Perhaps you should let this matter drop and move on to your next investment. It seems that you are a little obsessed with your MB and sometimes it is better to just let go and move on.

Bigger and better thiings await you, than this. :)

Perhaps you should let this matter drop and move on to your next investment. It seems that you are a little obsessed with your MB and sometimes it is better to just let go and move on.

Great advice, CG++. Welcome to the forum, and kudos to you!

If I was as concerned as you were I would want some closure on this issue. I would contact the person that made the cold call and ask for more detail as to where they got your information from............and drill down and backwards from there.
When they called they had caller ID turned off, I then searched online for the name I thought they said but I couldn't find anything.

I actually went and visited my main banks I have been dealing with lately and asked if they or their departments and 3rd parties sell my information and they were very firm on this and said No way!
who is your broker? then we all know to stay away.
I'm not going to say that and that would be unfair.

You seem to be contradicting yourself and are now back to blaming your broker. I read your other post and as far as I can see he was not negligent in his/her actions.

No I'm not back to blaming my broker at all but I was responding to the things bought up regarding my experience with them even after I had declared it was most likely not them. Stop trying to twist things around ok!

Not negligent, you didn't read it very well did you? There was so many issues I didn't know where to start...
You yourself admit the loan structure was set up correctly. Your gripe boils down to a comment to the Solicitor which was unprofessional if indeed it was said. I actually wonder what your Solicitor thought to achieve by telling this to you.
Yes the phone call to my solicitor was what annoyed me most with the broker, that was very unprofessional and I lost all trust in them then. But that was just the icing on the cake, I would suggest go back and actually reading the post properly. I'm happy my solicitor told me this as she was concerned that I had told the broker that I didn't like her and I was going to dump her which was completely untrue. Read the post again, it explains it there.... it was really just pathetic nonsense and the sort of thing school girls do, not someone who has all your private information and your relying on to secure finance so you can buy a property.

Well, I think you are the one who needs to drop it, you have been having a go at me here even after I said I was happy to let it go but then you came along and decided that was not good enough so you decided to throw in a few smart assed remarks.

Yes I'm happy to let this drop but as long as people post wrong information or try to twist things around I will be here to put things straight. I'm not obsessed with my broker at all, in fact after I posted that other thread I didn't even bother to reply to the questions as you can see as I wanted to just move on. I even sent a friend request to the broker recently so that would know I had know hard feelings but they ignored it.
yes, like a trip overseas soon and I look forward to that and getting away from annoying people. ;)

Great advice, CG++. Welcome to the forum, and kudos to you!
Let's all pat each other on the back and encourage each other, I'm quite happy to stand alone here and stand by everything I say.

Yes I might have made a mistake and jumped to conclusions about the Broker thing and I had earlier mentioned that it was probably not them. But since then you people have been trying to twist a lot of that around to make me look like I'm the villain. Everything I wrote about in that other thread was the actual facts as they happened with no sugar coating anything, if your a broker yourself and you find that hard to digest then that's too bad but it was how it went so live with it. :rolleyes:

Back