bronte/clovelly > nice auction results

It was great to see the auction market hot up yesterday with some strong, if not, bullish, sales in my key interest area.

A large 2 bed ground floor unit in bronte $690K and smaller 1 bed plus study on busy clovelly road, clovelly, $610K. A car space and no parking respectively. Older art deco vintage for both, though must say both stylishly renovated.

Very nice indeed since I was guessing around 70-90K lower for both.

As I see the auctions and gauge the interest the eastern Sydney beach areas are starting to remind me of 1993/94/95 where large chunks of Sydney were going nowhere or sideways but prices of well located apartments in this area rising each week at auction....

In my opinion it will always be these blue chips that will lead the recovery and stay strong over time - or at least that's what I'm hoping for given my investments there;)

Rents are another story - great increases and will no doubt get higher in the short term.

Any other observations from this part of town by people looking/buying there?

I thought you were looking at the Northern Beaches, or was that someone else?

For those ones you saw, what sort of gross yield would you reckon they'd fetch?

Glebe, that was me. I bought PPOR in NB's recently. Hold a few IP's in Clovelly and always scanning that market... I'm also looking in NB currently Newport/Bilgola for opportunities. Homes with views and walking distance to beach are relatively cheap up here (for now).

re your yield question, about 3.7 to 3.9%. Rents are shooting up but so did the price for these 2...

Clovelly was mentioned on Hot Property a few weeks ago as one of the top 10 boom suburbs around Australia.

I watch this area quite closely and the prices are definitely going up. There are always papers in the local paper stating that properties in Clovelly/Coogee are being sold prior to auction at great prices due to the demand.

I am in Maroubra and can see a rise here and in Malabar due to the rises in the upper Eastern Suburbs. Property is becoming unaffordable around Bronte/Tamarama so people are buying waterview properties in Maroubra/Malabar instead, increasing the interest and prices here.

Perhaps the new Prince Henry development is also increasing interest throughout the Eastern belt.

Back