Build info

I don't know whether this should be here or in the tax section. How does anyone go about ascertaining the build date of a property? Or the builder? I have tried the council (Brisbane) and they say they don't keep that information. I am sure many people here have been through this re depreciation but I haven't found a clear answer on search. Come on everybody, what do you do when you think your new investment property was built in the 80's but you are not sure exactly when????

Coolie,

Check the date on the properties electricity meter................

Not sure about Qld..........but in Victoria you would ask the council for the date of the building permit issue (start) or C of O (completion).I have just done this myself and the information was readily accessible and given over the phone.

ciao

Nor

Coolie,

Check the date on the properties electricity meter................

Not sure about Qld..........but in Victoria you would ask the council for the date of the building permit issue (start) or C of O (completion).I have just done this myself and the information was readily accessible and given over the phone.

ciao

Nor

Not sure that Brisbane council is so accessible, from my attempts to find the info yesterday. I think there is a paid search, but will have to check that it isn't the same as the one paid for with the conveyance (which doesn't give info on build date)

Anyone else in Brisbane know what to do? And does everyone get a QS to estimate building cost if the house was built after the cut off date, or is there some other way to do this?
:confused:

If the property is on town water you could check with the local water authority and find out when the meter was installed??

Same deal with the power supplier??

Run a title search on the net; may only cost you $20 but may supply some info on when the subdivision was done and you could work from there.

Not an expert, only suggestions.

rates search is the best solution ,also the councils have a policy of changing the water meters after a certain volume to prevent maintenance :)

Back