Would you add ducted air?

I'm in the process of tendering project builders for a house to be built on my block. it will be approx 30squares, 2 storey, 10km north of Brisbane CBD.

if you were building an IP, would you get ducted air, or would 2 splits and ceiling fans throughout do? I live in Sydney so don't have experience with the Brisbane climate. I have a price for ducted but wondering if I am wasting my money or if it does make a difference in terms of tenant demand and rental return.

I'm in the process of tendering project builders for a house to be built on my block. it will be approx 30squares, 2 storey, 10km north of Brisbane CBD.

if you were building an IP, would you get ducted air, or would 2 splits and ceiling fans throughout do? I live in Sydney so don't have experience with the Brisbane climate. I have a price for ducted but wondering if I am wasting my money or if it does make a difference in terms of tenant demand and rental return.

Hi Beachgirl,

I could take a guess, but rather what I think the more accurate approach would be in my opinion is:

1. Look at similar stock to what you are building in the area and have look at their 'cooling' features.
2. Ring 3-4 REAs in the area and ask them what tenants what/is better for resale value.

I think after you do that you will have a good idea of the direction to take re cooling features.

Good luck

leo

Back