Build Time for Townhouses

Hi,

Anyone with experience for townhouse build in Brisbane? How fast do they build and what are the financing options provided for a townhouse build?

cheeky

Hi,

Anyone with experience for townhouse build in Brisbane? How fast do they build and what are the financing options provided for a townhouse build?

cheeky

No idea how long it takes to build, about 6-12 months i'd guess depending on the size of the development.

In terms of finance options, more info required, how many townhouses?

Hi,

we are developing two large town houses in Melbourne. They will take about 8 months to complete.

It all depends on how many squares, engineering requirements, town planning requirements and who is your builder.

I am lucky that my business partner is a builder so we work together closely.

Builders will generally allow 9-12 months in their contract for pretty stock standard townhouses of about 20 squares in size.

This is typically to cover themselves in case they are delayed but it wouldn't be unreasonable to build 3 x 20sqm double story townhouses on one site to be completed in 6-7 months provided you had a good builder who hadn't taken on too many projects at the same time.

Off course it all depends on the spec of the development, slope of the site, weather during the build etc...

I always allow 12 month build time at feasibility stage to be safe.

Hi

Hi,

If you are building 12 then to give a time line would be irrational.

There are so many factors too look into. Contact a a couple of builders in the area you are looking at.

What are the ground conditions?

Does the 3 levels include a basement carpark?

Type of construction? Brick/Brick Veneer/Reverse BV?

Complexity?

Have you done a buildability analysis on the project?

Who is supervising? Architect/Independent Project Manager/Little old lady down the road/No one?

Finance - how soon are you drawing down on the bank's funds? Will they utilise a QS to review all progress payments from the builder before releasing funds? Will this delay the build?

How many townhouses have you built previously?

What is the cost of the build?

Are you commencing going into a historically dry part of the year or the wet? This will affect the programme.

Back