Building a double garage

Just wanting to know a rough cost of building a double garage??? I have a tin one atm but would like to pull it down and have brick instead

Cheers

Have you thought of pulling the tin off and replacing with blue board and rendering it. You will be paying atleast half of what it would cost to do bricks and save a lot of time.

Eg it will take 1 day to put blue board on and 1-2 days to render it and doesn't need to be painted as you can put the colour in it.

Brickwork requires more work like digging out ground to lay foundations for the drop edge beam for the bricks to be layed on 1 day, form work and laying foundation 1 day, strip form work and let it cure 3-5 days, lay bricks 2-3 days, and finally the brick cleaner 1 day.

Have you thought of pulling the tin off and replacing with blue board and rendering it. You will be paying atleast half of what it would cost to do bricks and save a lot of time.

Good call... I'd forgotten about this, but about 6 years ago now we re-battened a garage and covered with blue-board, great stuff and still going strong.

Eg it will take 1 day to put blue board on and 1-2 days to render it and doesn't need to be painted as you can put the colour in it.

Brickwork requires more work like digging out ground to lay foundations for the drop edge beam for the bricks to be layed on 1 day, form work and laying foundation 1 day, strip form work and let it cure 3-5 days, lay bricks 2-3 days, and finally the brick cleaner 1 day.

pass, I hate render ive seen this looks cheap as, id rather just sheet it with colorbond just to update it

Doesn't render on blueboard always crack?
Hairline cracks.
Especially on North and West facing walls?

I wouldn't use it again unless using decorative control joints.

Everything cracks eventually. Render if applied properly should last decades. You use acrylic render for blue board as it dries like rubber/flexible product allowing for movement and not to crack straight away. Sand and cement render will crack and I would never use that product but I would use acrylic.

Back