Building Engineer in Brisbane?

From: Sandor K

Hi all

Not a long ago my property manager has advised me that there is a crack in
one of my IP. The crack was there when we purchased it, although a bit
smaller, and since the building has been there for 30 years and the
building inspectors did not seem to be worried about it at the time of the
inspection (basically, just keep an eye on it).
My theory is that because the house is in the area where clay is plenty
and since we had no decent rain for ages, the clay is shrinking, therefore
the brick building is adjusting to the movements. But just to be on the
safe side I would like to get some to check it out.
I was told that it is no a building inspectors job as they would probably
just recommend an engineer. I did have no luck finding one through any
building inspectors, so thought that someone on the forum might have had
similar experience, or even a contact what I can follow up?

Thanks and it is a great forum indeed ;)

Last edited by a moderator: