Building inspection for Clarendon home?

We are buying a 3 year old Clarendon home that still has 3-4 year warranty left. We will be getting a pest inspection done.

Is it worth getting a building inspection as well?

Must have a building inspection done , My builder charges $220.00 for a written report. then u know what has to be done to bring it up to scratch. Last IP we purchased the report showed the car port wasn't cleared by the council , so the vendors had to fix that up before the sale went ahead. Also I ask my electrician , plumber and the pest sprayer for reports. The electrician pick up the old wiring had to be replaced in another IP before purchase.
cheers
Geoff

We are buying a 3 year old Clarendon home that still has 3-4 year warranty left. We will be getting a pest inspection done.

Is it worth getting a building inspection as well?

Definitely. We built a Clarendon Edgewater 7 years ago and even though we watched every part of the process and rectified issues along the way we are now starting to have problems. Mainly the balconies are rotting due to water penetration.

Cheers,

Bazza

There was a property I bought a few years ago. The vendor was impressed with the job the inspector did, so arranged for him to do an inspection on the property she bought. That inspection revealed that a car had run into the back of the carport, causing a potentially dangerous situation. As a result, the insurance paid for the situation to be rectified.

All parties (except for the insurance company) were happy.

My brother in law is a builder does a lot of work on display homes - he refuses to work for a few of the apparently reputable building companies because no matter what he does, his own work ends up getting a bad name.....get a bldg inspection.

Back