Building Inspections

Which inspector ?

Hi Angela,

I know what you mean, ..... I have just purchased 2 properties in Elizabeth area of Adelaide, but cancelled two contracts before these two because of the building/pest reports.

Martin :cool:

Hey Martin,

Which pest inspector are you using in Adelaide ? I am also looking for one ?

Cheers

archicentre

Thanks for your replies. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who has an overzealous inspector. After spending $400 to find out that the place is a dump and is about to fall down, I wish I had saved the money and taken pot luck. Seems that's all I'm doing anyway with the report.
Can anyone recommend a good, honest company in/around Brisbane?
Hi Angela
I have found by researching online for BI that www.archicentre.com.au seems like a good honest company. They do a report which will give you quotes on how much it will cost to fix any problems, so you can negotiate with seller and tradies. A friend of my has had her BI done and is going to call them to see what they can do for her. Let me know what you think of them if you use them.

I've been told a good Building Inspector will tell you if a building has a pest problem.
I'm a carpenter so im thinking ill just stick my head up into the roof and go under the house and have a look myself.
After all i'm buying a dump on a great block with the hope that I can develop in the future.
Has anyone else bypased Building & Pest inspections before buying?

At the end of the day building inspectors are required under the building act 1993 to be registered with the builders practitioners board.

For anyone to be registered by the builders practitioners board, they must be insured and in addition insurance must continue for at least 10 years after they have retired. Inspectors no doubt will be VERY conservative in their reports especially as in the current climate the risk of litigation is ever increasing their aim first and foremost is to cover their butts from litigation. This is very common, as is the over engineering you see in structural engineered plans these days....

Don't take it personal.....

Back