Building warranty on IP

Hi,

We have an IP which is only 3YO (we bought it new), so still covered by the building warranty (property is also under an Owner's Corporation structure).

The tenants have reported an electrical fault in the house - the house main circuit breaker/RCD tripping when a certain power point is used (either wiring to that point, or the power point itself, is defective).

Is this type of maintenance issue covered under the building warranty?

The builder has been great in the past about honoring similar types of issues e.g. water leak repairs. I'd rather have the building warranty take care of it than leave it to our property manager to arrange a sparky (as she so kindly offered).

Last time something like this came up at the IP, the property manager tried to get me to agree to pay for a sparky to visit to fix a reported electrical fault that was in reality simply a blown light globe(!).

Cheerio,

Sushi.

Check with you owner's corp manager - either building warranty or building insurance may cover. Costs nothing to ask.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Might sound stupid but its not the appliance they are plugging in is it? This happen to me with a toaster and a iron every time they where plugged in it would trip the saftey switch??

Back