Business expansion to USA

I would like to expand my business in the USA. My thinking would be that I would set up a US based company (a corporation perhaps), and move and live there for a while, get it off the ground, then hire a few staff. That's the general idea.

There are a few things I would like to learn more and would appreciate any positive input / suggestions from fellow forumites.

1. The state in which to incorporate - Nevada, Delaware, or just locally where I intend to live: California. There will be no need for a brick and mortar shop front as it's an Internet based business. The staff to be hired would need to live in CA as well though.

2. How do I go about living there, i.e. visa requirements. From my reading here, seems like I need to apply for an L1A visa.

3. What's the best way to incorporate - know any contacts / accountants / lawyers who can help? If not, what's the best way to find one.

4. Has anyone done this and would you care to share your experiences and tips?

Thanks

I don't have a business here, and my wife is a wage earner, but a couple of things we know;

You might want to check out the States which have/don't have both State and Federal Taxes. Could be significant.

California has both.

Back