buy now or later?

Hey all

Just a couple of questions that i would appreciate some feedback on.

Looking to buy 2 IP's between now and the end of January (got some time off work).

Looking at Moree and Kingaroy (QLD), maybe Orange.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are about the impact of the FHOG on when i potentially purchase. Would i be better to hold off till the new year or get in before Christmas?

Is the market busy early January or is it quiet and a good time to pick up something at a good price?

Any thoughts would be good.

Cheers

Not that you have the choice , but i would sugest you buy YESTERDAY ;)

better that today , and much better than tomorrow, :D

I can't answer much about Kingaroy as I only have sales data for NSW. The peak selling period in Orange is March followed by May & November. Moree has no defined peaks and troughs - pretty steady all year.

Is the market busy early January or is it quiet and a good time to pick up something at a good price?
Both Moree and Orange are quieter in January. I really don't think the FHOB/G is having much of an impact one way or the other out there ;)

It takes on average 185 days for a house to sell in Moree and 165 days in Orange followed by 133 days in Kingaroy. Best get out to Kingaroy - must be having some kind of boom out there :D

It takes on average 185 days for a house to sell in Moree and 165 days in Orange followed by 133 days in Kingaroy. Best get out to Kingaroy - must be having some kind of boom out there :D

Hey Prop...just out of curiousity :rolleyes: Do you have state averages for days on market??

(133 days in Kingaroy is higher '(for eg) than my suburb's 90 days....but my suburb's 90 days is longer than others here on the coast)

moyjos, you should know better :mad:

House medians in a small suburb are suspect and require further investigation to see what they are telling you.

..... and now you want a "state average". What kind of worthless number would that be? :confused::p

:eek::(
OK (hang head in shame) point taken :)

I do know better...my daughter is in research and is always complaining about "making stats FIT"

thanks propertunity,

appreciate the info. So does less days on the market generally indicate there is potentially a price rise on the cards?

Excuse my ignorance!

Hey all

Just a couple of questions that i would appreciate some feedback on.

Looking to buy 2 IP's between now and the end of January (got some time off work).

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are about the impact of the FHOG on when i potentially purchase. Would i be better to hold off till the new year or get in before Christmas?

Any thoughts would be good.

Cheers

don't know whats changed but I have been to kingaroy a few times have mates there and honestly your bout 2yrs to late look elsewhere my 2cents...

Back