Buyers Agent? To use or not?

Wow, I just got a hamper from Metropole.
IV

I went to a course with Metropole a few years ago.

I signed up for a property buying- with a $1000 (I think) goodwill deposit.

A business opportunity intervened, and I could not proceed with the ptoperty buying (probably a bad move in retrospect). I wrote off the $1000 deposit.

Later, Michael contacted me, and suggested that the deposit could be used to attend a later version of the course.

I did attend that course, and gained a lot of value from it. Even not being available to get into the property market at that stage :(

I appreciated Michael's integrity in allowing me to use my good faith deposit in another way, when I had written it off completely.

Darn. He was advising Melbourne property back then, but because of the business I could not move. He was right.

IV

I went to a course with Metropole a few years ago.

I signed up for a property buying- with a $1000 (I think) goodwill deposit.

A business opportunity intervened, and I could not proceed with the ptoperty buying (probably a bad move in retrospect). I wrote off the $1000 deposit.

Later, Michael contacted me, and suggested that the deposit could be used to attend a later version of the course.

I did attend that course, and gained a lot of value from it. Even not being available to get into the property market at that stage :(

I appreciated Michael's integrity in allowing me to use my good faith deposit in another way, when I had written it off completely.

Darn. He was advising Melbourne property back then, but because of the business I could not move. He was right.

Forgive my ignorance, newbie here...

What do you mean by "course"? Does Metropole run courses? I went to their website and there is no mention of courses.. what I understand is that they are buyers agents..

And what was the difference between the old course and the "later version" of the course?

i would prefer using the agents because they have first hand on potential growth properties. The Aldy Group in Sydney provided very good service. Have anyone been there?

Back